So I used to use 9-46s, but made the jump to 10-52 a couple years ago and immediately heard and felt the difference on my strat. I love this thing more than ever now. However, I'm wondering... would making the jump to 11-56 strings give the same result as from the 9s to the 10s? 11 year guitarist too.

Just want a fatter, chunkier tone without investing in expensive pickups or down-tuning and all that. Worth it?
You might not necessarily get the improvement you want. But it's harmless to try. Strings are cheap.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i run 11s on my 25.5. If you like the feel go for it. There might be a little more low end overtones. Nothing that can't really be dialed in on a good amp though.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I have .009s on a couple of my guitars but generally I prefer .010s

0.11s are not bendy enough for me.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

it is flat out 100% personal preference.

try it.

i use 11's on all of my 25.5" scales and on most of my 24.75 scale guitars (two have 12's) with no issue, but that is what i like.

as far as the benefits? not really any, you like what you like.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup is correct. It comes down to preference. I don't think I've ever tried 12's .... but I've had 11's on a couple hardtails. Too thick and muddy for my tastes. 10 are ok, but I've pretty much used 9's for the last 22 years. I also rarely play anything outside of E standard / Eb standard.
Yeah, tuning can play into it. I'm running 12-56's for my Drop B tuning. However, Mike Eizenger from Incubus used 13-gauge sets for E Standard...until he needed wrist surgery. Outside of drop B, I use 10 gauge sets, which work pretty well up to Drop C. All on 25.5" scale. I believe one of In Flames guitarists uses Drop B on a Les Paul style with a 24.75" scale and has a 60-gauge for the low B.

But, as said earlier, it's preference and strings are cheap unless you're swapping something like Elixirs every day.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer