i bought a fender mid boost kit with a TBX, and i am putting it into my 1995 MIM strat... whenever my lazy ass gets around to it. lol. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-pre-amp-mid-boost-kit-25-db

i have played the clapton strats and like it a lot, so i thought i would go for it. i got the kit for $30 on clearance and figured that its cheaper than new pickups.

the question is now, that i really love the SD twang banger, and i may do it now, but i didn't know how that would act with the mid boost and TBX (i am sure the pickup would work well with the TBX.

sooo...

will the cover on the twang banger be interchangeable with the strat pickup cover? the guitar has naturally aged a lot and i have played it daily forever, i don't want to make it look stupid. i also prefer not to have the 'seymour duncan' insignia on it either.

the strat is white on maple with a white pickguard, and all of it is well aged.

also i am wanting a new switch for the pickups selector. is there any reason to go with a three way? i don't like the 2 and 4 positions at all and never use them. so for the switch, should i just go with fender? or switchcraft? or something else?

what are your thoughts? will the midboost get a long with the twanbanger? will the pickup cover on the twangbanger match the others? or is it interchangeable so it will match the others? or will i have to buy a set of pickup covers that are an aged color?

thanks guys!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Your cover should fit on the Twang Banger. I've never tried it with a mid boost, but I can't imagine it sounding bad.
can't really think of a good reason to go with a 3 way except when keeping a vintage strat to old specs. I don't really use the 2 and 4 positions either but they are there just in case.. with the boost you might find those positions more useful. I like switchcraft myself. good quality parts from them.

agree pickup covers should work. never tried the mid boost outside of a Clapton strat so I dunno. those have been around for a while so I'd guess that they should be fine with most pickups.
Quote by Mincer
Your cover should fit on the Twang Banger. I've never tried it with a mid boost, but I can't imagine it sounding bad.

Thanks. that is good to know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by monwobobbo
can't really think of a good reason to go with a 3 way except when keeping a vintage strat to old specs. I don't really use the 2 and 4 positions either but they are there just in case.. with the boost you might find those positions more useful. I like switchcraft myself. good quality parts from them.

agree pickup covers should work. never tried the mid boost outside of a Clapton strat so I dunno. those have been around for a while so I'd guess that they should be fine with most pickups.

I guess I should just go 5 way. I use Switchcraft for everything, so that is an easy choice for me.

and I love the Clapton strat, so it should be fun!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
let me know how that works, i may do it on my twangbanger strat.

the pup itself has some mids to it, so it'd be going further in that direction and yeah, could wind up sounding really p-90 esque.
I have decided to just do the preamo and tbx and see how i like it with the stock SC's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
What mids boost are you using? I think they've discontinued *my* favorite (Chandler Tone-X).