Hey all, I am moving into a new house and am trying to upgrade my studio setup. I am torn between two rooms and wanted to get some input about which would be acoustically better for recording and mixing. I've attached a diagram of the two rooms. I think I am leaning towards room A. It is a little bit smaller but it isn't a square and I feel the window placement might be preferable when it comes to mounting acoustic panels. Thoughts?

Last edited by Smithillusions at Feb 2, 2017,
Yep! /\

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks for the input. I figured that would be the better option. Absorption panels behind the monitors and at primary reflection points and as many bass traps in the corners as possible?
Are you married?

Then you can have a small corner of one of the rooms that your wife doesn't have plans for
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
GaryBillington
Oh rest assured she has a plan ready for any room she has at her disposal. I count my blessings that I actually have a choice between two. Apparently "using the master bedroom exclusively for music" sounds more insane to her than it does to me...I even tried to explain that walk in closets could be fashioned into neat recording booths. She didn't share that sentiment.
Quote by Smithillusions
Thanks for the input. I figured that would be the better option. Absorption panels behind the monitors and at primary reflection points and as many bass traps in the corners as possible?

Yes to all of that. Also consider a cloud at the first reflection point in the ceiling, and a carpeted floor.

With a small room like that (it's not much bigger than mine), you'll need as much bass trapping as physically possible, and even then, it won't be enough. Haha. But true.

Remember, you actually have twelve corners - the four vertical ones between the floor and the ceiling, and also the 8 horizontal ones around the perimeter of the room.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Also set yourself up along the long walls or you'll have major bass issues.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale