I KNOW everybody on here seems to hate EMG HZ I think they're okay. I'm just looking for some opinions here.

I have a few too many guitars here so I'm trying to sell some/give some of the ones I don't use to friends or just on craigslist.

I have a Epiphone SG G-400 in amazing shape but it has the stock pickups. I own a schecter with EMG HZ that I was going to try and sell for cheap just to clear up a bit of space and just make sure somebody else can have use of it.

I know that people tend to just reply with "it depends on what tone you want" which I understand but just generally I'm curious. Would you guys swap the EMG HZs with the Epiphone stock pups or just keep the stock pups? I just don't know if it would be an upgrade or not.
Id keep the stock ones. Also, if you change the pickups on the guitar, the resale value generally goes down, not up, so if you wanna get the most for your schecter, then dont swap them out. I doubt anyone will even buy a schecter with epiphone pickups, or at least i know i wouldnt.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Nobody is going to buy a Schecter with Epiphone pickups in it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
If the EMGs are the stock pickups in the Schecter then you're really seriously reducing the resale value of the Schecter by replacing them with the stock Epiphone pickups before you sell it.

I mean, you could even be reducing the resale value of the guitar by a larger amount than what a set of EMG HZs actually costs in the first place. You might be better off selling the Schecter as it is and then buying some more EMG HZs for your epiphone if you really must.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Blompcube I get that. The thing is I'll prob just be giving the schecter to a friend that starts playing. I don't need the money at all so I don't really care to sell it dirt cheap if I had to.
T00DEEPBLUE Again, I'm not expecting much money at all, I might give it away, if I sell it I wouldn't ask much at all. What beginner would pass on a guitar for like 50 bucks? what's the loss?
Quote by daddyorca
T00DEEPBLUE Again, I'm not expecting much money at all, I might give it away, if I sell it I wouldn't ask much at all. What beginner would pass on a guitar for like 50 bucks? what's the loss?

You could get 3x that amount if you sell it unmolested.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend