Page 1 of 2
45 seconds in.
lmao nawww we ain't doing that anymore.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Work on some of your interval melding, there's a lot of random dissonant notes floating around that don't fit into the key of the song. Mostly on the piano phrases.

Also 2meme4me
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
It's cool man. From a compositional stand point, it's kinda bland though. Like it doesn't really go anywhere or develop much. But it's pretty chilled, the piano kinda irks me too at times, not sure 20th century-esque dissonant piano stuff has a part to play in RNB/Soul music.

I wouldn't buy it, but it doesn't suck either.
Last edited by bass wizard at Feb 3, 2017,
i don't mind the out-of-key piano notes, i think the reason why it kind of has an irking feel to it is because production-wise it sounds a bit dry. could benefit from better song progression, moves slowly but i also feel like i wouldn't mind if i was stoned or smth. i don't typically listen to music like this sober really.

no hours is alright. once again, a bit slow, but you seem to be going for a chill vibe here so i think it works fine. a childhood lost has some nice sampling and i like the "crappy speaker" effect on the drums. i'm listening to looming towers now. you have a knack for interesting chord progressions, very jazz. more interesting than a lot of shit that i listen to.

confess is pretty sick. nice chord progression and i like the synth you use for it, the attack on it is nice and slowish, makes it feel very relaxed. the beat is very nice.

the station has a nice, creepy vibe to it. i feel like the vox are a little loud in the mix but i can still hear everything clearly so it's not really much of a problem. for lost time has a similarly creepy vibe, except i get a more bleak impression from it.

party girl is nice. good use of sampling. the break at 2:30 is a satisfying move. like the glitches/pitch shifts going on.

have you gotten these mastered?

edit: nice this nice that lmao
Last edited by Dregen at Feb 3, 2017,
Ill check out your album once you answer me a question.

Why the fuck should I?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ill check out your album once you answer me a question.

Why the fuck should I?

Oo, I know the answer to this one, I got it.

Because life is fleeting and I doubt you were doing anything more important
Quote by whywefight
Oo, I know the answer to this one, I got it.

Because life is fleeting and I doubt you were doing anything more important

Those arent even decent reasons, let alone good ones about why I should listen to it.

"Oh hey bud youre gonna die one day and you arent doing anything you might as well take dick in the ass right?"
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by whywefight
Damn, critics itt

I have a giant W next to my name for a reason u kno

cuz I'm a wanka innit
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by whywefight
Ok then I must delve deep into my child psychology knowledge

Try it. You'll like it!

I havent listened to it btw lmao

Thats also an awful reason. I dont have to try drinking lava to realize its not something I should consume.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Why do many people seem to prefer soundcloud over bandcamp? Which one do you prefer and why?
Just wondering for future reference.
Quote by Masquirina
Why do many people seem to prefer soundcloud over bandcamp? Which one do you prefer and why?
Just wondering for future reference.

There's no need to have one over the other, use both.

Their uses differ: SoundCloud is more like a social network and Bandcamp is more like a shopfront. You only put your finished stuff on Bandcamp.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
that album made my ears bleed away
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Dregen
i don't mind the out-of-key piano notes, i think the reason why it kind of has an irking feel to it is because production-wise it sounds a bit dry. could benefit from better song progression, moves slowly but i also feel like i wouldn't mind if i was stoned or smth. i don't typically listen to music like this sober really.

no hours is alright. once again, a bit slow, but you seem to be going for a chill vibe here so i think it works fine. a childhood lost has some nice sampling and i like the "crappy speaker" effect on the drums. i'm listening to looming towers now. you have a knack for interesting chord progressions, very jazz. more interesting than a lot of shit that i listen to.

confess is pretty sick. nice chord progression and i like the synth you use for it, the attack on it is nice and slowish, makes it feel very relaxed. the beat is very nice.

the station has a nice, creepy vibe to it. i feel like the vox are a little loud in the mix but i can still hear everything clearly so it's not really much of a problem. for lost time has a similarly creepy vibe, except i get a more bleak impression from it.

party girl is nice. good use of sampling. the break at 2:30 is a satisfying move. like the glitches/pitch shifts going on.

have you gotten these mastered?

edit: nice this nice that lmao
Thank you! I got some of the songs mastered - but a couple of songs ("No Hours", "Looming Towers" and "For Lost Time" weren't mastered). Once again, thank you so much for listening and for the feedback!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Thats also an awful reason. I dont have to try drinking lava to realize its not something I should consume.

Hey I didnt say you would like drinking lava
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

"Oh hey bud youre gonna die one day and you arent doing anything you might as well take dick in the ass right?"

so

how's your ass?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
so

how's your ass?

Like my car.

Leaky and sending out toxic gas
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
It's not bad or anything but the lyrics and the singer's voice don't do anything for me. It's not something I'd listen to again. But I'm sure there's an audience out there for you so keep on making music fella.
Quote by slipknot5678
only a few tracks in but so far this is alright.

i like the dissonant piano tbh, but it's definitely something that will annoy people. these songs have a few interesting ideas, but in a low key chill way. could do with more progression as everyone else said but at their core they arent bad, it's just that they only really have the chill factor going for them. I do think if these were properly mastered and if a few of the vocals had a new take this would be better.

there's potential here, overall.
thank you so much for listening! The last few songs are much less chill so, if you have time, check them out
I'm trademarked because I'm so great.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
It almost has the same vibe as the "I am too sexy for my shorts" song.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Please understand how little we, as a community, care.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Please understand how little we, as a community, care.

if you don't care, that's fine.
This album was inspired both by Bon Iver's "For Emma, Forever Ago" and Nine Inch Nail's "The Downward Spiral"
Page 1 of 2