After literal years of considering, planning, building shopping carts and board mockups online, I finally sold my entire pedal rig -- a hodgepodge of gear collected over the course of 10 years or more -- and bought an entire new rig from scratch.

I fit everything on my new Temple Board Trio 28, ran all cabling, ran all power to my Voodoo Labs Mondo, and had horrible signal problems. Intermittent noise and full signal loss. I thought I had tracked it to my tremolo (when I turned it on I had full signal, when off my signal died), but I pulled everything off the board and played each pedal individually (guitar > single pedal > amp) and every pedal worked fine on its own.

I tried building back one pedal at a time, and I've tracked the place in the chain where the problem occurs, but it's not cable related (double checked the cables and even swapped with brand new, still-in-package backups I had ordered), and again all pedals work fine on their own. I'm thinking there's some point in building the chain where I'm overloading the Mondo somehow, but all my pedals are very standard fare.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss and incredibly frustrated.

FYI, chain is Keeley 4-Knob Compressor > Ernie Ball JHS Modded VP Jr. > Boss TU-3 (tuner out) > Crybaby 535Q > JHS Morning Glory > Fulltone FD2 > Walrus Jupiter Fuzz > Fulltone Mini DejaVibe > Diamond Tremolo > Strymon Timeline > Strymon Big Sky

Cables are all brand new DiMarzio braided cables. Built like tanks.
Quote by Will Lane
SouthDFW Read this thread and get back to us. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1688869

I am thinking something is drawing more mA than the supply is able to put out.

I agree. Figure out your mA needs and your mA output and see if it's sufficient.

You should have 4 outputs that are capable of 400 mA each. It might be a matter of plugging the right pedal into the right spot.
Last edited by Grawgos at Feb 3, 2017,
No luck. Everything is run to the correct Mondo outlet... the Strymons are both in 9V 400mA outlets, the Mini Deja Vibe is going to two 9V 100mA outlets via splitter, the Fulldrive is going to a 12V 400mA (can handle 9-18V and sounds better at higher voltages IMO), everything else in a 9V.

I tried to build pedal by pedal again this afternoon. Every time, at some unpredictable point (but always somewhere between the Fulldrive and the Tremolo), I get the issues. Strangely, working backwards and removing pedals doesn't help, as the issue seems to "infect" the entire chain once it starts. Most oddly, the signal cuts in and out at this point based on any interaction with the board. Turning pedals on and off (now popping, by the way), rocking the wah or volume, even just a hard tap to the board with my hand... anything can cause the signal to cut in and out or go fizzy.

I'm getting to that "lightheaded with anger" point, so I'm going to put it all away for a while. Maybe some time down the road I can look at it with fresh eyes and have more luck.

Appreciate the help
I am thinking the 2 Strymon pedals...I'd say just get a 1Spot power supply and tag some of the pedals on that one and split the power between the two PSUs. Also see that you don't have a reverse polarity pedal somewhere.

Have you looked at current draw with a multimeter? You might want to investigate that but you might have to disassemble the PSU to do it so don't know how safe it would be for a non-tech to do it.