Hi everybody,

I'm trying to identify an Aria guitar that I can't wrap my head around. I cannot tell for sure how old it is but I do know I have had it for around 25 years now and it was already used when I bought it. I've uploaded a few high resolution photos to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdalpmfmh2zlulo/AAA4P6UrvS9P-nnS5_shaNGaa?dl=0

The thing is that while the sticker says Aria SP-17 it doesn't have a serial number. The guitar looks exactly like some Aria guitars yet it's always different in one way or another, and I can't find an Aria SP-17 anywhere, not even in their discontinued products.

Here's what I know about this guitar for sure:

• I was attending high school in Germany when I bought it, so it must have been somewhere between 1992 and 1996.
  • It was already used when I bought it. The seller was the music teacher at my school who was also giving private guitar lessons.
  • The store from the sticker on the back does not seem to exist anymore. I live in the US now and not in Munich anymore so I can't verify this on-site but I've tried calling the phone number and it doesn't even ring. According to Yelp the store has closed permanently.
  • The zip code used on the sticker is the old one used in Western Germany prior to the reunification with Eastern Germany in 1990. The old 4+2 system was replaced with the new 5-digit system on Jan 1 1993, which means that this guitar was most likely first sold before that day. My best guess is that it's from the late 80s or early 90s.
  • It's a 12-fret design.

What confuses me most is that I can't find anything about an Aria SP-17 online. Especially not one that was "Made in Spain" since Aria seems to be a Japanese company. Yet it looks almost exactly like some of the discontinued Classical Aria guitars, such as the AK20 or the AC150 but it's never exactly the same - there's always one or two little differences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by majun at Feb 5, 2017,