Page 1 of 2
I've been listening to some rock-pop music from the 2000's on youtube lately (for reasons), and when I scroll don to the comment field... I get cancer.

There are all of these preteens and teens saying the same fucking thing, gettig thousands of upvotes: "This was some god music. My generation sucks! Fuck Bieber!" It really, really pains me as someone with a broader view on music. And even if I can't do anything about it, it just makes me cringe. Especially when they're trashing the pop-scene, where all of these fucking bands belong to anyways!

I had to let it out somewhere... Im sorry.
Who still listens to music?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Nice blog bro

that said my rubric is: if you think there's nothing good, you haven't looked

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Who still listens to music?
I convert mine into spectrographs and appreciate them like abstract paintings
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal

I convert mine into spectrographs and appreciate them like abstract paintings

software pls
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I don't think this is anything new in terms of "the way it used to be" notions go. just more audible/visible since the internet became a thing.

as far as mainstream pop music goes, i think the vast majority of top 20 radio hits end up forgotten within 5 years of their release. probably related to oversaturation among other things.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EpiExplorer
software pls
my software is so alternative that it's actually hardsoft - that is, hard software. You wouldn't have heard of it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I do agree. Music today sucks. Music sucked in the 90s as well. And the 80s. And the 70s. 60s sucked. 50s sucked. Pre-war music sucked. 19th century music sucked. Same goes for the 18th and 17th. Music always sucked and always will.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Your problem is reading and getting mad at youtube comments
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by theogonia777
I do agree. Music today sucks. Music sucked in the 90s as well. And the 80s. And the 70s. 60s sucked. 50s sucked. Pre-war music sucked. 19th century music sucked. Same goes for the 18th and 17th. Music always sucked and always will.

Kids these days and their instruments. If you want some real music, listen to the hunting songs that were written on cave walls. All they had were their voices, their spears, and whatever they could slap for rhythm. That's where the real magic was.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Kids these days and their instruments. If you want some real music, listen to the hunting songs that were written on cave walls. All they had were their voices, their spears, and whatever they could slap for rhythm. That's where the real magic was.
Songs that are written down? God what a fag if you can't even listen to songs made tens of thousands of years ago without having to guess how they sounded you're just a typical normie caveman fan
Quote by EndTheRapture51
yes, i agree with you. i for one have the same concerns you do. i am constantly infuriated reading the youtube comments of early 2000s rock pop music and i frequently make ultimate - guitar dot com off topic forum threads to cope with my unbridled fury at their ignorance. born in the wrong generation my ass!
i hate music
sometimes i don't
i hate music
it's got too many notes
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Banjocal
Songs that are written down? God what a fag if you can't even listen to songs made tens of thousands of years ago without having to guess how they sounded you're just a typical normie caveman fan

You just say that because you can't appreciate classics like Ugg Ugg Stickthrower's "Help this lion is tearing my arm off." Then again I bet you like Ugg Ugg's early material before he started throwing his stick

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 4, 2017,
Quote by necrosis1193
You just say that because you can't appreciate classics like Ugg Ugg Stickthrower's "Help this lion is tearing my arm off." Then again I bet you like Ugg Ugg's early material before he started throwing his stick
You listen to Ugg Ugg? Get that entry-level pop shit out of here. This is CAVE music you need the underground shit.
People forget that lots of popular music in the 'good old days' was absolute garbage too, but it got forgotten. The good stuff stays if there's any luck.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
You listen to Ugg Ugg? Get that entry-level pop shit out of here. This is CAVE music you need the underground shit.

Please, everyone in the underground scene was just copying whatever Grig Grog Firemaker did. If I wanted to hear a bunch of cave heads copying off a true visionary, I'd listen to Bartholomew and the Stonehenge Druids.

Music does not suck today, in general.
What you hear on the radio might be considered mediocre or the like, by your personal standards, but that doesn't mean this "age of music" is bad. You can go on soundcloud, youtube, bandcamp, whatever and find THOUSANDS of great artists that you can personally appreciate, from EDM, to rock, to metal, to jazz, to rap, etc. I find great, undeground music on these social media all the time, and that is what I listen to and take the most interest in. I don't listen to the radio when I drive my car, I did in the 90's, because popular music was what pretty much everyone listened to back then, because of the lack of social medias to find BETTER music.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

take me back to raving in 2013
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rock-pop music from the 2000's sucked. Youtube comments often suck. Life sucks.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by k.lainad
What you hear on the radio might be considered mediocre or the like, by your personal standards, but that doesn't mean this "age of music" is bad. You can go on soundcloud, youtube, bandcamp, whatever and find THOUSANDS of great artists that you can personally appreciate, from EDM, to rock, to metal, to jazz, to rap, etc. I find great, undeground music on these social media all the time, and that is what I listen to and take the most interest in. I don't listen to the radio when I drive my car, I did in the 90's, because popular music was what pretty much everyone listened to back then, because of the lack of social medias to find BETTER music.

This. We have a magical interface with huge chunks of the planet, giving us access to incredible and original content. If someone complains that music today is unoriginial, it is because they aren't trying to find anything worthwhile, they are just passively absorbing the musical patte that is being fed to them.

But yeah dumb thread is dumb.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
OP, have you considered that maybe it's you that sucks?
I can confirm OP's magnificent sucking to be true.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yeah, today's music sucks. I don't even consider rap to be "music", and the less said about garbage like "Oh baby" Bieber and his ilk the better.

There are some talented kids out there though, so there is hope at least.
Quote by TobusRex
Yeah, today's music sucks. I don't even consider rap to be "music", and the less said about garbage like "Oh baby" Bieber and his ilk the better.

There are some talented kids out there though, so there is hope at least.
#IamOld
Every generation has thought that a younger generations music sucks.

And be honest TS, you probably did it as well at one point. As mentioned before, it's more openly available through social media and the internet.

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I'm 12 and I only listen to the classics like Papa Roach and Good Charlotte.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Modern neo-groove stuff is pretty good. Vulfpeck, Esperanza Spalding, Hiatus Kaiyote, hell even Bruno Mars, all make great music.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by k.lainad

idk

I go onto bandcamp and look for something like jazz rock that gets the mix right and I am always disappointed.

Or like a doom metal band that isn't just black sabbath but also isn't just boring and droney

Or rockabilly stuff that isn't just rehash of the same old shit.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

God help me if I find a power metal band that has the right kind of vocals, doesn't use shitty fake strings and doesn't sound like it was mixed by a deaf orangutan.
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Or rockabilly stuff that isn't just rehash of the same old shit.

that's just the nature of rockabilly
I'm such a fag seriously. I absolutely love Lady GaGa & Katy Perry. I'm not even joking.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Back in my day songs were like, flip double check double triple double check.

But nowadays songs are all, double trip double flip triple double check.
I hate those people. That whole "music used to be so much better!" is bull. There is so much variety and it is so easily accessible that I think we have a surplus of great music, not too little.

And Bey is queen as always.

Quote by TobusRex
I don't even consider rap to be "music"

You should really stop saying dumb stuff like this.
Page 1 of 2