Hey everyone. I have noticed a weird connection/sound problem with my Boss pedals. I had a DD-7 running into a Boss RV-6, connected in stereo in the loop of my stereo tube premp and everything was fine. But now I got a Boss CE-5 and connected its two outputs into the the two inputs of the DD-7. And weird stuff started to happen.
First: the chorus only sounds stereo, if the effect level knob is dimed, i.e. turned fully clockwise. As I turn it down, the signal from one of the speakers gets lost. Somewhere I read, that the B output from that CE-5 is dry siginal only which means that you have to dime the effect level, to get full stereo, with equal volume on both sides. Is this really true? Is the CE-5 constructued in a different way than let´s say my TCE stereo chours? Because the TCE works normally in stereo, you can regulate the effect level and don´t loose volume on one side. I have the TCE chorus connected stereo into my TCE delay and everything works perfectly.
Second, even more weird: the CE-5, connected with two cables into the DD-7, causes the DD-7 losing its stereo effect - the left-right ping-pong of the repeats is lost and the repeats go just mono, in the centre.
Now, if anyone has personal experience with a similar connection, can you please tell me: is this really just a weird design of the Boss pedals, or is any of my pedals malfunctioning?
Thank you very much in advance for your replies!
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....