Hi guys,
Here's an original progressive metal song with lots of twists and turns. It's almost too feel-good to be considered metal, might make you smile a few times. I also recorded this video to go with the song. None of the sound is coming from the clips, just played along.

Has a Periphery influence, and surprisingly enough I was thinking of John Butler when I wrote the "chorus". I'm re-posting this after a few years since I've re-worked it quite a bit.

Recorded using an Ibanez RG7321, Ibanez GS-R205B and Alesis DM10x into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and Cubase 8.5.
NI Guitar Rig 5 and Studio Drummer 2.

C4C!!!
Hey man cool stuff here! Very polished, video works well. Might be cool to juice it up with some harmonies to some of the parts? Also just a thought while listening might cool to have all the different parts play your main rhythm together at the end? I think in general if there was someway to get more definition off the higher guitar parts might add something too. Overall very cool.

Check a tune out of mine here:
https://soundcloud.com/niallcatney/red-sky-13012017-21-12
Thanks for the critique. Wow, you've got some great warm guitar tone at the beginning. Very soothing tone, and the fret noises give it great feeling.

That low part doesn't sound like a bass...is it just thick bassy regular guitar? Sounds great regardless, adds a nice muted foundation to the brighter guitar ontop.

Good job having so much reverb without it getting muddy. You really got the settings dialed in right for this sound. Good work!
EddieWan Thanks man yes you're right the bass part is just the guitar through a boss octave pedal and tone rolled off! Thanks for the review
EddieWan

Hello there.

Very nice work. The track has a cool feel to it - got my head bobbing a bit. The video of you playing all the parts is a nice touch. The only crit I can really think of is to say that the cymbals are a bit aggressive on the high end - maybe knock them down a bit above the 10khz mark. That and the bass guitar seems to be a bit uneven in volume - some notes come through a lot more than others.

If you fancy some C4C - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1725692

Cheers
EddieWan

Hey Eddie, not a bad track you have here. I think the guitars are pretty well buried though, they could definitely come up a bit in the mix. Otherwise I think the mix is really good. As for the musicianship/composing, also quite good at a section level. But it really feels like a bunch of riffs pasted together. What you can do to alleviate this, is incorporate little "micro-characteristics" of the following section into the preceding section. Then the transition is much smoother and ideas don't feel like they're coming out of the blue.

If you don't mind, I would appreciate some C4C down this way. Also, generally people post reviews in the threads that they're in, it looks like you're just trying to bump your own thread if you put your review of their music in your thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1727056