Hello,
I wanted to ask if any of you have experience with Bias or Bias FX by Positive Grid. Was it good enough to replace a real amp in any of your setups? Or did you implement it in recordings or demos?
Thanks
I've used BIAS Amp and FX for a while now. I only use the tablet version, which is definitely a bit more limited than the PC version (running external IRs is pretty annoying on the iPad).

In terms of replacing an amp or a traditional rig, thats kinda up to you. I have a couple patches that I've perfected, and I would gig with them. That being said, I have a Line 6 Helix that I normally use, and it's the obvious choice between the two.

Sound quality is good, but it is what it is. I would use it if I was doing a small gig and just needed a couple sounds amd not much switching (the bluetooth switch and expression pedal is limiting).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I've used the PC version of Bias Amp Desktop - it's decent for demos and sometimes it even works as a final recording. It certainly doesn't replace an amp, but for quiet practice and recording it's good. If you buy the basic version when it's on sale it's a good value.
i ended up selling most of my gear after starting to use amplitube. that was almost 6 years ago. now i use A4 exclusively for all the live stuff i do.

a box with laptop, interface, IEM, and footcontroller, direct into the PA is really easy to use.
I personally find Bias very good. With the tonematching feature I havent touched my recto in months.

Really though it depends on what youre looking to achieve. I probably wouldnt gig with Bias but I wouldnt have a second thought about recording with it. Its very flexible if you dont need effects.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I personally find Bias very good. With the tonematching feature I havent touched my recto in months.

Really though it depends on what youre looking to achieve. I probably wouldnt gig with Bias but I wouldnt have a second thought about recording with it. Its very flexible if you dont need effects.

Speaking of you using BIAS, do you know if there is any way for you to send me profiles? Your ACDC match was tits man, I would love to get my hands on that
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Speaking of you using BIAS, do you know if there is any way for you to send me profiles? Your ACDC match was tits man, I would love to get my hands on that

Yeah I could probably upload it to the cloud but Im not sure if it has custom impulses or not. I could also send you a folder with the presets I think which is better cause I can stick some instructions in. Give me a few days to check it out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.