Recently got the urge to try out a 7 string. Don't really want to jump straight to something high-end/boutique. EG - My current main 6 string is a Mayones.

I don't know much about 7 strings obviously. But, what do people recommend as a 'starter', without getting something too low end.

I've been looking at the newly announced Jackson Misha Mansoor Pro series (about £670). I'm not sure about the tone it makes. I mean, even Misha himself admitted he'd never use the guitar with the stock pickups on stage, and would be replacing them with his BareKnuckles.

What do you guys think?
What's your budget?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Do you want a Floyd or a hard tail?
Maybe see how much a kiesel would be shipped.

The new cheaper ht7 would still be under budget with a pickup swap.

The jbm27 is really good too.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Jackson has other 7 strings as well, though I've never played any of them. I'd certainly recommend Jackson based on my experience to anyone, though.
Currently looking at the new Ibanez RGA7 with the Bareknuckle Aftermaths in them. Which is just over £1000, but below £1000 without VAT. But it's expensive for a guitar which isn't a prestige range...

Maybe I should just get a cheap 7 string for now? I can't decide.

also looking at the Sterling MusicMan JP 7 string which is £699.
Try an Ibanez RG7620 if you want a Floyd or a 7621 if you want a hardtail.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Ibanez, Schecter, and Jackson seem to be the main big box 7 Strings. LTD has a few too.

The Jackson Pro range is traditionally very nice and a good value. Any chance you can play these different neck and fret profiles anywhere even if it isn't the exact model you want?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Ibanez, Schecter, and Jackson seem to be the main big box 7 Strings. LTD has a few too.

The Jackson Pro range is traditionally very nice and a good value. Any chance you can play these different neck and fret profiles anywhere even if it isn't the exact model you want?

Unfortunately, the collection of guitars here is non-existent. Only really have Fender and Gibson.

I have played a Jackson before though, and own an LTD.
I have seen an ibanez prestige 7 go more than a few times under $800USD. you should be able to snag one over there in budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/