Page 1 of 2
Hey guys I will like to know wich one is better I liked a lot the new tele professional but i saw thta the jazzmaster sounds cooler or "organized".

Heres the thing, I play at church so i usually need to do swells and clean rythms and solos and also i play a lot of rock (not hardcore but you guys know, the one that you need OD or distortion like hillsong, etc...) So i need one that can give me that clean awesome sound and not harsh, one that dont buzz a lot because is distracting and sounds unprofessional, and also one that can give me that perfect tone when doing power chords, i dont wanna sound like a strat tho thats the thing I want to sound like in a gibson level,etc but in a fender. So wich one between those 2?
Last edited by Jeanpr002 at Feb 5, 2017,
Absolutely a Telecaster.

In my own experience my Jazzmaster is good for making sonic noise, playing mean sharp rhythms and slamming + jamming with the whammy. Telecasters sound much nicer and don't have the same issue as some Jazzmasters with their awful bridges. Teles are simply wonderful to play.
Lots of guitars out there,,,what's your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
But like i said i dont play metal so u know nothing about prs or those guitars... And idk i just simply like the tone and od sound and clean sound that frnder does.. gibson is good but is to dark and too acustic too.
$1500 gives you a host of options.

Besides that Fender Tele- which I agree is an excellent option- I'd probably look at Godin, Carvin/Keisel, G&L and (surprising absolutely no one) Reverend. And PRS makes quality guitars suitable for all kinds of genres, not just metal.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

dannyalcatraz Tony Done gregs1020
PoptartHero
What about amps, Im a newbie and I just play with a Boss Me80 multieffects, and I like it but hate it lol because is just an emulation and I will like to start playing with pedals,
Im very confused abuot what i need the amp for, i now that the best option is too mic'ed a good amp but at the place that im playing they dont allow it soo, what options do i have, what do i have to buy if i want to hear a similar sound of an amp mic'ed? I heard about pre amps head and load boxes and lots of shits but I still can get it together... Can someone help.
Tony Done

Music Man guitars aren't my cup of tea, but they're high quality, no doubt. Since I've not a clue as to which is which, I'm glad you chipped in!

Jeanpr002

So how does where you play handle things without micing the amps? Straight into the house board?

Oof. I wish I could help, but that's outside my experience.

i gotta say an atomic amplifire (red version) would likely suit the bill for gigging. it's not an amp, it's essentially a big upgrade to the ME80. it does a fine job at emulating tube amps right down to picking dynamics and cab impulse responses.

as far as an amp to use when you can, that's another thing.

and while i did say tele, i meant G&L ASAT.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 5, 2017,
@ gregs1020 PoptartHero Dreadnought dannyalcatraz
So after i finish buying all my pedals i need an amp head your saying or like what? Explain please because i can have an amp head or some sort of preamp on stage but not a speaker that interrupts there with the feedback sound thats why i cant have any sort of speaker on stage.
Quote by Jeanpr002
@ gregs1020 PoptartHero Dreadnought dannyalcatraz
So after i finish buying all my pedals i need an amp head your saying or like what? Explain please because i can have an amp head or some sort of preamp on stage but not a speaker that interrupts there with the feedback sound thats why i cant have any sort of speaker on stage.

Get a Digital Multi Effects board with amp and cab voicings. Pod, Tonelab, Zoom etc. With these you can shape your tone at home with headphones to get Hillsong, Crowder, Edge tone, and when you send a line out to the house system it will reproduce your guitar tone very well with no amp needed. I have used both but I prefer the DME for most worship rather than a small amp and a dozen pedals.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
You need to play both guitars (or style of guitar, regardless of brand) and find what feels right for you. I've had $200 CL/Kijiji finds that I loved more than $1000+ brand new guitars that just didn't feel right no matter who set them up.

Also, a lot of multi-fx pedals have DI outputs now (my 6+ years old Pod HD has a DI output plus amp modelling, I'm going to assume most of the other major brands will too). If you're not using an amp and you're planning on running directly into a snake via an XLR cable I'd say this is probably you're best bet, plus you don't need to shell out extra for pedals. However, most multi-fx don't do anything specific really well (ie. the presets sound like junk unless you take the time to learn how to program them properly or figure out the tones you need).

Edit: Beat to the punch:
Quote by Cajundaddy
Get a Digital Multi Effects board with amp and cab voicings. Pod, Tonelab, Zoom etc. With these you can shape your tone at home with headphones to get Hillsong, Crowder, Edge tone, and when you send a line out to the house system it will reproduce your guitar tone very well with no amp needed. I have used both but I prefer the DME for most worship rather than a small amp and a dozen pedals.
Last edited by spacepizza125 at Feb 5, 2017,
Accidental double post... please disregard. Still figuring out how this posting thing works...
Quote by Cajundaddy
spacepizza125 dannyalcatraz gregs1020

Yeah i understand the good part of multifx but when you keep playing you found that sound compare to individuals pedals like shit.... And you can do more and sound more profesional with pedals...

So the question here is... What do i buy to instead of using a mic'ed amp, use something that can soubd the same... Perhaps an preamp Head or preamp pedal or load boxes and shit.? Thats the thing idk what am i suposed to buy and which one is better.
Why not the best of both worlds?

Jazzcaster.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by Jeanpr002
spacepizza125 dannyalcatraz gregs1020

Yeah i understand the good part of multifx but when you keep playing you found that sound compare to individuals pedals like shit.... And you can do more and sound more profesional with pedals...

So the question here is... What do i buy to instead of using a mic'ed amp, use something that can soubd the same... Perhaps an preamp Head or preamp pedal or load boxes and shit.? Thats the thing idk what am i suposed to buy and which one is better.

It's not that Multi-fx sound that terrible (especially the newer ones compared to the old zoom pedals...), it's just that you kind of have to look at them almost like a whole other instrument. You can coax great sounds and tones out of them, but you have to spend the time to sit down and figure them out. The presets that come programmed in are fairly bland and designed to "work" with any amp or setup, but taking the time to tweak the sounds or find your own will pay out in the end. It might not get you 100% of the tone a mic'd amp and standalone pedals would, but it'll get you 85% of the way there, and at a fraction of the price (especially lately when you're average pedal costs almost as much as a cheap backup guitar). One thing I've learned playing gigs is you might notice when you're tone isn't exactly what you want, but so long as people can hear you and you don't miss notes, most people won't notice how good your tone is, so long as it fits the music you play.
Quote by Jeanpr002
spacepizza125ok soo what other options do i havr if i dont want to use that multifx...???

You can get a DI box that's made for guitar, but *most* don't have amp/cab modelling, and the ones I've used make the guitar sound kind of thin, and most DI's are designed for either acoustic guitar or bass. I don't remember which one I used, nor do I know which ones sound the best. DI on guitar without an amp or multi-fx isn't as familiar to me. In the studio you could probably make something work, but live, I really don't know. A quick Google search is showing me the Mugig which claims to have a cab simulator, but as I haven't used one, I can't attest to it's abilities. Plus, at $350 (canada bucks, IDK what the conversion is right now) it'd be kind of pricey in my books, but seeing as your budget is $1500, you could probably make it work.

If anyone has used the Mugig or a DI pedal that sounds good on guitar could chime in, that would probably be best. I'm still sticking to my guns on the multi-fx route if you're not planning on using an amp.
Last edited by spacepizza125 at Feb 6, 2017,
I'd totally get a Strat, Tele, PRS CE24, PRS S2 or PRS Vela.

My opinion may be biased, I own Gibsons & Fenders but PRS is on my bucket list.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Never seen a jazzmaster in a church ever. Its always a tele. Whats so urgent about that????
Last edited by geo-rage at Feb 6, 2017,
Quote by Jeanpr002
spacepizza125 dannyalcatraz gregs1020 So the question here is... What do i buy to instead of using a mic'ed amp, use something that can soubd the same... Perhaps an preamp Head or preamp pedal or load boxes and shit.?

already answered this. pay attention. a few people have. what you need is a quality upgrade to that ME80. my suggestion is an atomic amplifire unit.

http://atomicamps.com/amplifire-pedal/

your guitar goes to that pedal which goes right to your PA.

there are other units, i found this to be the path of least resistance for me. good luck!

Quote by Dreadnought
Man this forum sure loves the Amplifire.

i suggest you try one. for a fraction of the kemper cost, it delivers.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 6, 2017,
geo-rage well i've seen a lot like marco barrientos, miel san marcos, they are like huge!! All around the world and their guitarrist play almost everytime with jazzmaster, they are latinos tho, but check out danny hinojosa un youtube and covers he makes with his jazzmaster thats why im so you know lol undecided.
Of course, the answer between these two is the offset telecaster.

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
JustRooster dannyalcatraz gregs1020
Yeah its cool but i hear that the jazzmaster can do everytone that the tele does and also managae the distortio very organized and in a cool resonance because of the long bridge,also is easy to mute aswell, but the cons on the jazzmaster what would be? Is it control more the buzz that it produce? Which one is better and which one of those two also dont sound like shit, like a lot of bees when you turn the volume on?
Yeah its cool but i hear that the jazzmaster can do everytone that the tele does and also managae the distortio very organized and in a cool resonance because of the long bridge,also is easy to mute aswell, but the cons on the jazzmaster what would be? Is it control more the buzz that it produce? Which one is better and which one of those two also dont sound like shit, like a lot of bees when you turn the volume on?

Sorry I'm late to the party.
Wait. No. Not.

Quote by JustRooster

Quote by JustRooster

More than one company did something like that. Here's one literally from Hell.
http://www.hellguitars.com/no2.html

Malden made one called the Mozak...before going under.

As far as I know, only the tee makes the Tele sound.

And if you got $1500 USD to blow, get a G&L or some other custom shop brand. American Fenders are nice, but you're probably putting a third of your budget into the name.

Quote by Jeanpr002
dannyalcatraz yeah i use a di box that goes direct to a snake and direct to a p.a system (mixer with speakers,etc)

you need an amp between the guitar and the soundboard, whether mic or DI.
Last edited by cdgraves at Feb 6, 2017,
Yeah dude, Tele all the way and for $1500 or under Id look for a 64 reissue. Trust me, Ive played quite a fuckin few of them.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
dspellman philtita03 SG6578 zerostoneman cdgraves

Yeah but the od and distortion it doesnt sound that well oeganized as the jazzmaster also the mutting is much easier on the jazz also we're forgetting here that we're talking about the new pro jazz master that it has only 3 electronic bottoms... I just want to know why people dont like it if it produce the same clean sound as the tele and gives better resonance when playing a OD?
Page 1 of 2