Hey,i already posted a thread similar but i just want to make sure..
So i keep one guitar of mine in standard but i want to play a song in Eb
Can i down tune it without any truss rod adjustments needed? The intonation didnt change much, the action was okay as well
But would i need to adjust my truss rod is i only tuned a half step down?
Its a hard tail
And i only tune a half step to only play one song and ill leave it like that for 3 days or so to practice
Can it damage my neck?
I also use to never adjust my neck during the winter when it gets cold
Can not adjusting truss rod hurt neck?
Also i use to not adjust my guitar in the winter
Can that damage it?
As well can changing tuning from standard from Eb about 2-3 timea a day damage the neck in anyway?
Last edited by juanbustos556 at Feb 5, 2017,
You want to save adjusting the truss rod further down the line after adjusting the action and new strings...basically if no other adjustments fix it.

That said, droppig to Eb is no biggie. Maybe Drop B with thick strings, but not a half step down.

You can also play Eb in standard tuning just fine.

Changing tunings that small shouldnt have a huge problem.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
So i can change from standard E tuning im in right now to Eb as much i want without worring about any adjustments?
Im not planning to go far down tuning since i got another guitar for a different tuning
As long as you've already done a setup for standard tuning, it really shouldn't be a problem. If it is, then you might want another guitar to put in your other tuning.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Just tune it down. It's not going to hurt your guitar. If you don't like how it plays just the 1/2 step down, or you think you're going to leave that guitar in that tuning permanently (like forever-ever permanently), then I'd worry about a setup.
Im probably leaving it a half step down when i wont to play a song in that tuning so maybe it leave it like that 1 day or 2 every once in a while.
But will constant tuning make my truss rod go bad?
Also what are some other things i can use to measure my relief and all
I tried using my thinest guitar pick but it was too big
If you want to measure neck relief, you'll need a capo and feeler gauges. Again before messing with the truss rod, adjusting the action would work better. Unless adjusting the action isn't fixing fret buzz, the truss rod doesn't need adjustments.

Constant changing of a half step shouldn't have any noticeable effect. Again, a major retuning like Drop B might require a truss rod adjustment, but in general, fucking with the truss rod isn't something you want to do constantly. It's unnecessary, especially for that small of tuning. I doubt you'd even need to mess with intonation, assuming you already did it for standard tuning.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Yeah my guitar is set for standard. I eye balled the relief of the truss rod on the 8th fret as it says in my guitars maintenance manual.
I just went of a slight slight gap and the action feels okay to me
Is a bit of fret buzz okay on the wounded strings
I got fret buzz at the 5 th fret and 6th but only on the low E and only the 5 fret on the A string
But i assume its okay since ive heard some fret buzz is okay
If you don't hear the buzz through your amp, it's fine. That said, raising the action a tad can help with the buzz as well.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by juanbustos556

Can i down tune it without any truss rod adjustments needed? The intonation didnt change much, the action was okay as well
But would i need to adjust my truss rod is i only tuned a half step down?

Take the guesswork out of knowing if the truss rod needs to be adjusted or not by actually measuring the neck relief. No way of knowing if you do or don't if you don't measure it.

Buy a capo, buy a set of feeler gauges and click this link.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/the_guide_to/truss_rod_tips.html
And i only tune a half step to only play one song and ill leave it like that for 3 days or so to practice
Can it damage my neck?

No.
I also use to never adjust my neck during the winter when it gets cold

You still won't need to if the neck relief is correct. Again, no way of knowing if it is or not without actually measuring it.
Can not adjusting truss rod hurt neck?

Unless the neck was so poorly adjusted that it has extreme forward bow or extreme backbow that it's practically unplayable and you leave it like that for years, then no.

I've ignored the rest of your post as they're just repeats of the same questions.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thanks for the help. Ill try to get exact measurements on that when i get the chance to get some feeler guages