Hello guys, this is my first post here and I need some opinions to be sure before I buy something, so here's the deal.
I have an ESP LTD Alexi 600 with an EMG HZ H4. I don't like this pickups, so I'm looking for something aggressive and wild but NOT active pickups (I don't like stuff with battery / pre amps). Maybe it's ironic because I really like Alexi Laiho's tone that he has on Something Wild, Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder.

I know he used to use a J50-BC with a JE-1000 pre amp on his Jackson. Some people say that Alexi used an Ibanez to record Something Wild, I don't know if that's true or not. Even I really like the tone that he has on Are You Dead Yet too, but he used the MM-04 pre amp and his signature EMG pickups I guess.
Again, I don't like active pickups and any EMG pickup, just wondering.

I play Melodic Death Metal, Neo Classical Metal and sometimes Power.

Well, as I said, I like his tone but I cannot use the gear that other guitar player use to play( I don't like copying).
I'm looking for something to shred with high gain and punch as him ( I play in Drop C / D tuning ).

Also I love the tone of Iron Maiden, Dragonforce and In Flames.
And the tone of Yngwie Malmsteen, Jason Becker, Vinnie Moore, Michael Angelo Batio and of course Alexi Laiho.

So I have some pickups in my mind:
Dimarzio Super Distortion
Dimarzio Evolution
Seymour Duncan JB

Which pickup would be the best option to get a high gain for leads and nice punch to play Melodic Death Metal and Shred? or another pickup?
That's all and thanks
Try slashing your amp with a knife, Jimi Hendrix use to do this in the 60s to get more of a rock n roll sound.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
What is your amp?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by NewDayHappy
Try slashing your amp with a knife, Jimi Hendrix use to do this in the 60s to get more of a rock n roll sound.

You're an idiot
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Can you be more specific on your amps?

Regardless, the pickups aren't going to make a whole lot of difference.
Quote by ShortyMyers
T00DEEPBLUE I use Laney and Marshall

Which Laney and which Marshall?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ShortyMyers

What you need is clearly a new amp. You have Marshall Cancer and a poop Laney, sell them for beans and take that budget you have for pickups, and get a nice used something.

At the end of the day, you want an ENGL, or Diezel, or a Splawn.....but that's wayyyyy out of the feasible budget.

SO get a Peavy or something idk

SHREDIT: https://reverb.com/item/3599097-engl-powerball-e645-w-z5-footswitch-cables-manual?gclid=CKeB2Kbc-9ECFdaKswodic8Eyw&pla=1

get a fucking Axe FX brah

Jk get a used ENGL combo

https://reverb.com/item/3493237-engl-screamer-50-combo-inc-footswitch-and-cover?gclid=CJq9ne3c-9ECFcKEswod5CoJjQ&pla=1

Put a tubescreamer in front of it+a nice deepass reverb pedal for sex lead tone orgy
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Shredwizard445 at Feb 6, 2017,
Quote by ShortyMyers
Sorry, I use a Marshall MG50CFX and Laney LV100

and

You need a new amp. Neither of the ones you have measure up.

Save up for a used 6505 and maybe then the pickups might be worth considering changing if you're still not happy with the nuances of your tone. That's all a change of pickups can really do in relative terms to the amp.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yeah, those amps have got to go. For the price of a pickup and a bit more you can get a Peavey Vypyr VIP 1. Or if the budget allows a Peavey 6505+ combo amp.
Pick7ps with adustable pole pieces. And try a mylar cap if it doesnt have one. ?.033uf?
Last edited by geo-rage at Feb 9, 2017,