Hello! A friend of mine is lending me a Marshall VS 8200, and I need a cab to match it. Depending on the wiring it can push out 160-200 Watts. Im looking for a cab to match at around $300 or so. I preferably want a 2x12, that can handle heavy tones, because I will be playing metal and hi gain crunchy sounds. If it helps, I'm playing a Jackson Dinky 7 String. I mainly want to use this setup for at home recordings and eventual gigging. Any reccomendations of what would work well?
Im new to this idea of seperate amps and cabs, because ive only used combos with my basses and guitars. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Jetcity JCA24+ is in your price range. Eminence speakers modeled to be similar to V30's.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, a few pedals.
DirtFarmer Awesome ! I found one for a reasonable price, and am a bit confused on how to wire it to my head. In the back it says at 8 ohms I can push 80 watts per channel, and at 4 ohms i can get 100 watts. The jet city cab has only 8 ohm and 16 ohm options, so i cant configure my amp at 4 ohms to get out 100 watts? Am i forced to only use 80 watts? Attached is the pic of the amps inputs, and the cabs inputs. I just want to make sure i can get the most out of my amp and it will all be in working order before i purchase this cab.

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/cudamax2343/media/000_7480.jpg.html AMP Back Panel
http://static.musiciansfriend.com/derivates/18/001/412/263/DV016_Jpg_Large_583599_input_panel.jpg CAB Back Panel
You won't need the full 100 watts, I run 50watts (25w per speaker) of tube power to the JCA24s+ and it's nutty loud. They're efficient speakers.

I'm not sure how you would wire up that amp/cab. My gut says if you run the cab stereo and connect one line from the amps right and one from the amps left to the cab it would run 80w (40w to each speaker). maybe someone else could chime in to help clarify.
From the brief amount of surfing I did it looks like so long as you are 4 ohms or greater you should be fine. So just run the cab in stereo, hook up both the left and the right.

Amp left out --> Cab left in (16ohm)
Amp right out --> Cab right in (16ohm)

2x16ohm speakers yields an 8ohm load.

But again, you should ask a professional or someone who uses these types of amps.
InsomniaDreams

You are wanting a single 212 that can handle both 100W channels from your amp. Is that correct?

If so, look into getting EV12L speakers (or something similar) and wire the cab for a stereo connection so you will run 2 speaker cables from your amp to the cab.

dspellman should have more info - I'm really just repeating what I've heard from him!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee I just want a simple cab that will be appropriate to match my Marshall VS8200 head, and play style. As stated before, im not sure what route to go about because ive never had the experience dealing with seperate heads/cabs, and i want to make sure i do it efficiently, correctly, and cheaply.
InsomniaDreams Well the 200W into a 212 is going to be an issue. The fact that your amp has a left and right output "channel" that each run 100W is another issue.

You need the speakers attached to each "channel" to be equal or greater than 100W. If you want a single 212 then you need each speaker to handle 100W which really limits your choices. For example your Celestian V30 is 60W.

If you want to run a 212 per "channel" or want to run only 1 "channel" into a 212 then things get way easier.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
InsomniaDreams
That's what it looks like. You may want to check out the manual as well.

Most 212 cabs can handle 100W.

V30s are common and G12K-100 are supposed to have more low end.

The EV12L has a much lower bottom end but they will probably be way over budget.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims