I had a nightmare like just now of the world

i. Losing all its natural sources of light (aka teh sun), although the natural light already here would take a few days to fade away completely so we do have light for now
ii. At the same time, being attacked by these giant spiderlike creepycrawly abominations and thus forcing people into hiding

I end up in a cave that's furnished (it has a table, chairs and a boiler) with a few other people. One or two of them leave to find help and never come back. Every day we wait because no one wants to go out and get eaten by the spider-people, and every day the light fades a little more until it's too dark to actually do anything except have a vague idea of your surroundings. We have a little emergency light though which we turn on when we need to see something.

On the 16th day or so we're eating a cookie each knowing it's the last time we'll eat unless we try our luck outside. This one dude starts telling his story about how the last time he saw his dad he didn't want to talk to him and now he'd give anything to see him.

Since the light is running out of batteries now, I'm filled with dread and insist we try to move somewhere else while the world has the tiny bit of light it still does. The others are just far too unmotivated and scared to do it and when I look outside I see that the spider-people are lying in wait right outside the entrance for the moment we try to run for it. So I kinda be horrified at the hopelessness of our situation as the world goes pitch-black on the 21st day.

I woke up then, it was much, much scarier while I was having it.

Now share yer drems bois
My scariest dreams were when I was a kid. Mainly mashups of horror movies and TV shows I used to watch all the time, like Chucky, Goosebumps, Batman and Joker cartoons, Friday the 13th, Halloween, The Exorcist, and Stephen Kings IT, shit like that. I had one where I was lying on a bed in a large, dark room. My body then levitated by some force, and at the foot of the bed there was this creepy doll wearing diapers and this clown riding around the room on a unicycle laughing maniacally. The "force" gravitated me toward their evil hands, etc, etc the dream was a complete cluster fuck from that point, woke up in cold sweats, still hearing the ringing from the crazy carnival music. You get the picture.

I think the scariest part of it all is the sleep paralysis, that is some real freaky shit. You can't move, you can't scream, you can't fight it. That's another thing I hate about scary dreams, you can't punch or kick, it's like you're underwater, completely weak and defenseless.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
My scariest dreams were when I was a kid. Mainly mashups of horror movies and TV shows I used to watch all the time, like Chucky.

Chucky always disturbed me more than other villains because he's the perfect height for stabbing someome who's lying down in bed XD
Quote by Spinnerweb
Chucky always disturbed me more than other villains because he's the perfect height for stabbing someome who's lying down in bed XD

Chucky films are total comedy to me, even as a kid I thought they were kinda funny, but in the dream state, absolutely frightening.

I think the only "villain' that really creeped me out as a kid, like really messed me up psychologically, is Pennywise from the movie IT. That fking movie scared the shit out of me, like I was scared to do everyday things like take a shower or walk by the sewers in my neighborhood. I have read many Stephen King books at this point, and looking back on it now, it was actually a pretty hilarious, low budget film, and I think Tim Curry is a phenomenal actor for being able to actually creep me out lol.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Chucky films are total comedy to me, even as a kid I thought they were kinda funny, but in the dream state, absolutely frightening.

I think the only "villain' that really creeped me out as a kid, like really messed me up psychologically, is Pennywise from the movie IT. That fking movie scared the shit out of me, like I was scared to do everyday things like take a shower or walk by the sewers in my neighborhood. I have read many Stephen King books at this point, and looking back on it now, it was actually a pretty hilarious, low budget film, and I think Tim Curry is a phenomenal actor for being able to actually creep me out lol.
Same.

Loved It. I found it hilarious even then, but also scary (that 'dead kids in the sink' scene) and emotionally satisfying.

Freddy Krueger scared me a lot as a kid, as did that crawling chick from The Grudge. I watched the Japanese version of the latter a few years ago and when I went to sleep I thought, " I hope I don't have a nightmare about her." (I don't get scared while watching movies,but sometimes I regret it later when it's time to sleep).
So I ended up having a wet dream about her instead, complete with death rattle.
- .... . / -.. .- -.-- / .. / .-.. . .- .-. -. . -.. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .
Too many motards...
Quote by Spinnerweb

i. Losing all its natural sources of light (aka teh sun), although the natural light already here would take a few days to fade away completely so we do have light for now
ii. At the same time, being attacked by these giant spiderlike creepycrawly abominations and thus forcing people into hiding

I end up in a cave that's furnished (it has a table, chairs and a boiler) with a few other people. One or two of them leave to find help and never come back. Every day we wait because no one wants to go out and get eaten by the spider-people, and every day the light fades a little more until it's too dark to actually do anything except have a vague idea of your surroundings. We have a little emergency light though which we turn on when we need to see something.

On the 16th day or so we're eating a cookie each knowing it's the last time we'll eat unless we try our luck outside. This one dude starts telling his story about how the last time he saw his dad he didn't want to talk to him and now he'd give anything to see him.

Since the light is running out of batteries now, I'm filled with dread and insist we try to move somewhere else while the world has the tiny bit of light it still does. The others are just far too unmotivated and scared to do it and when I look outside I see that the spider-people are lying in wait right outside the entrance for the moment we try to run for it. So I kinda be horrified at the hopelessness of our situation as the world goes pitch-black on the 21st day.

Now share yer drems bois

Well, you should know, (gonna preface this with): your dream-mode is going to be more conservative when it comes to protection.
(e.g. feelings of uncertainty with moving out).

What have you been reading that makes the 16th (of October?) stand out?

--

Keep the light on buddeh. Ever had a dream where you missed an important exam? That's just you training yourself in REM breh
Last edited by Fat Lard at Feb 6, 2017,
By far the one when I had a horrible feeling of being possessed by something evil.

I dreamt that I was standing outside under a very dim light surrounded by darkness. It was dead silent. Then I turned around and, somehow through the darkness, saw an even darker figure there. For those familiar with the show Lost, the best way I could describe it was like the black smoke monster, except with a vertical, oval figure about my height. When I stared at it, I heard very harsh wind like that of a hurricane rushing in my head and I couldn't move. It's presence gave me the feeling that it was the accumilation of all things bad. Next thing I know, it very quickly attacked me.

Then right as that happened, I woke up to the unpleasant sensation of sleep paralysis.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 7, 2017,
Quote by Spinnerweb

Now share yer drems bois

There is no way this isn't a suicide note
I have had this dream at least once a year for probably 15 years now. I'm walking through a store, not always the same store, but, I always find a large opening in a wall. It leads outside onto a cliff with an old house at the edge. The sky is yellow and I always see faces of people in the clouds. I stare at the house knowing something bad is inside. If i dont wake myself up in time, an old lady with black hair comes flying out of the front door, coming straight at me, screaming, with a butcher knife.

I've had scarier dreams, but I keep having this one. I think it's more unsettling than anything.
Quote by Fat Lard
Well, you should know, (gonna preface this with): your dream-mode is going to be more conservative when it comes to protection.
(e.g. feelings of uncertainty with moving out).

What have you been reading that makes the 16th (of October?) stand out?

--

Keep the light on buddeh. Ever had a dream where you missed an important exam? That's just you training yourself in REM breh

Quote by Fat Lard
Also, cool it on the zombie movies dork-nerd

Why the 16th of October in particular?

And you've got me there. Watched REC, Dawn of the Dead and Land of the Dead all in the same week :P
Quote by evildeadarmy
There is no way this isn't a suicide note
If it was, it would start, "To Boddah," and end with, "I love you, I LOVE YOU."
I saw that post lardo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
I saw that post lardo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Is he deleting posts?

HAS FAT LARD BECOME BLODE?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I was 4 or 5 I had a dream I was on like, the 30-40th floor of a building looking down on a city, a statue slit me from collar bone to opposite torso with an old farm scythe, and I sat up immediately it woke me up so hard.

Idk, anymore I just feel fear when I sleep, I don't remember nightmares, but I can tell when I don't sleep well.

I know what triggered the scythe one, it's pretty obvious. I had it several times, it stopped within a few weeks, I know why I have night terrors.
I still have a dream, a dream deeply rooted in the American dream – one day this nation will rise up and live up to its creed, "We hold these truths to be self evident: that all men are created equal."
My nightmare that I had a few times as a kid that genuinely scared me made no sense, and I'm not sure I'll be able to explain what happened but here goes.

So I would be kinda standing or floating in black nothingness almost, and sometimes there would be child's laughter which, as creepy as that would be, was the good part. I don't remember what person/object/entity was hanging around during the terrifying parts.

What would happen is I would suddenly start to fly... like picture a spaceship suddenly hitting warp speed and picture the pilot struggling to handle himself from the g-force. So when the children's laughter part happened, it was very calm and the noise wasn't scary. When it was the scary part it was like a deep scary demon roar and the more intense it was the scarier it was, and as it got scarier it got longer and louder and yea.

Very very strange dream and it doesn't seem like it would be scary but for some reason was awful. I have no clue what may have caused it, but I remember having it 3 times for sure
i dreamt that i listened to modern baseball in public while obsessing over the fit of my denim jacket. it was bad

#endthenightmares51

Probably the recurring one I use to have where I watch my best friend overdose on heroin and die instantly and hold her lifeless body in my arms as I cry endlessly

It was when I started hallucinating that in the day due to sleep deprivation from waking up in tears constantly that I saw a doctor.

I'm so glad 2015 fucked off
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I dreamt of waking up and doing my morning routine. Then I woke and had to do my morning routine.
as a kid all my scariest dreams involved being chased by vacuum cleaners but they couldn't climb stairs so it was pretty chill really
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Seth Shadows
I still have a dream, a dream deeply rooted in the American dream – one day this nation will rise up and live up to its creed, "We hold these truths to be self evident: that all men are created equal."

I think James Hetfield was created a better rhythm guitarist than I.
I'm watching tv while using the laptop, and a really tall ju-on ghost-banshee creature opens the door and walks in. I shoot it with this really cute pink .38 that looks like the stumpy one my aunt has in real life, then scooch the body out the door with my foot and call the police. When they arrive, I explain what happened while typing an e-mail to the red cross about what jacket size I want to order. They leave and I continue watching tv and eat some cashews, then read something stupid on here and laugh.

This is the scariest thing that I recall happening in a dream, but it wasn't that scary and my butt remained parked in the chair the whole time. Also, when the cops were talking to me I was annoyed because it was the action packed part of the show.
I used to have weird dreams where I was paralyzed from the waist down. Had those dreams for years.
Recently had one where I tried to type an e-mail and only random letters and numbers were printed. Then later I tried to respond to someone, but only meowing sounds came out. Later I followed a pigeon for awhile, and I forget the rest.

It felt really normal though, like "I do these things all the time because am cat, so whatever". But when I woke up, I remembered that cats actually meow specifically to try communicating with humans, and I thought of an old scraggly cat that used to hang out nearby waiting for more foodsies. Then I started crying because I haven't seen that one in a long time, and donated $25 to the ASPCA. What was he trying to say? It's too cutesad
I once had a nightmare that I made an account on ultimate-guitar.com and posted regularly in the Pit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'