Hello guys, how are you doing..

I was wondering what is the main difference between between a KH-2 NTB and a regular KH-2

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Josh.
Quote by efsenable
Not familiar with what these two terms mean exactly...
Hi, short answer:
Neck-thru

Neck-through or neck-thru (or in full form neck through body) is a method of electric guitar or bass guitar construction that involves extending the piece (or pieces, in a laminate construction) of wood used for the neck through the entire length of the body, essentially making it the core of the body. The strings, fretboard, pickups and bridge are all mounted on this piece. So-called "ears" or "wings" (i.e. side parts of the body) are glued or laminated to the central "stick". The "wings" may be bookmatched in order to give a symmetrical appearance, and are often cut from one piece of wood.
Neck-through construction is significantly harder to mass-produce than bolt-on or set-in neck constructions and is primarily found on high-end guitars.[citation needed] It is somewhat more common in basses than in guitars. Neck-thru construction allows easier access to upper frets, because there is no need for a heel — the thickened area of the neck where the body bolts onto it. Many musicians assert that neck-through construction provides greater sustain and allows the instrument to stay in tune longer.
Advantages and disadvantages
Repairs to the neck are usually expensive and tedious. In many cases, it is usually easier to remove the old neck completely, either by taking the wings off and putting an entirely new core in, or by converting the guitar to a bolt-on or set neck by creating a heel and affixing the new neck to the core already in place, rather than to try to repair the neck itself. However, thanks to excellent stability and reaction to string tension and pressure, neck through guitars are often much more sturdy than many other guitars on the market.

Bolt-on neck

Bolt-on neck is a method of guitar construction that involves joining a guitar neck and body using screws or bolts, as opposed to glue as with set-in neck joints.
Advantages
Luthiers and guitar players cite both advantages and disadvantages of bolt-on neck construction. Note that most of these views are highly subjective and relative. It is not easy to measure most of the claims objectively or even compare objective factors, as guitars differ considerably. Typically cited advantages of bolt-on neck include:
  • Easier and cheaper to mass produce and repair if damaged. Necks that allow Fender "standard" 4-screw joint are frequently interchangeable provided they are intended for the same style of guitar (e.g. Stratocaster or Telecaster): for example, one can order custom neck (with personal profile or radius) and change one by just removing one neck and attaching the other. A Stratocaster neck can also be fitted to a Telecaster body, although the reverse is untrue unless some minor modifications are made. Less traditional versions exist, such as 3-screw plate (with easier micro-tilt adjustment) or even 6-screw plate bolt-on joint, but they may differ widely in the shapes, sizes and position of screws. Which one is better is debatable, but budget guitar manufacturers often choose 3-screw joints for its minimal cost, notwithstanding the quality.
  • Easy to control: sometimes bolt-on neck includes some sort of adjustment screw that can control neck-to-body angle,[10] such as the Fender Deluxe American Stratocaster's "Micro-Tilt" adjustment.
  • More attack and "snap", slightly brighter tone, but this advantage is frequently debated.
  • More resonance and sustain

Disadvantages
Typically cited disadvantages of bolt-on neck include:
  • For solid body electric guitars, harder access to top frets, especially if screw plate is used and visible. Slick heel with hidden plate (such as depicted one) makes playing the top frets more comfortable and special neck joint techniques, such as the Ibanez AANJ (All Access Neck Joint), Music Man Silhouette and Stephen's Extended Cutaway mitigate this problem.
  • Sloppy construction or assembly of a bolt-on guitar exacerbates any of its inherent disadvantages.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me ..

What is considered better - the regular KH-2 or KH-2 NTB ?
Quote by efsenable
Thanks so much for taking the time to help me ..

What is considered better - the regular KH-2 or KH-2 NTB ?

If one was objectively better than the other, then why would ESP make both? Its all personal preference.

I personally like neck thru guitars though as they generally tend to have better upper fret access than bolt-ons.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Neither's better but you might prefer one or the other.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a neck thru guitar and bolt on... you really need to try them out and see which is more comfortable for you...