1) Everytime I record my electric guitar, I hear the sound of my fingers scraping the strings (like a screech sound) whenever i change chords or lift my fingers. Is there a way to remove or at least remove it?

From what I noticed, If i turn the pickup selector down by 1 notch it would minimize the screech sound but then, the sound is like less crispier.

When I watch youtube covers of electric guitar players, I don't hear the screech sound, so I don't know if it's in the technique or in the music editing where they remove or fix the screech sound when changing chords, or lifting their finger.

2) My second question is, how do i minimize or remove the humming/buzzing sound I hear whenever I use distortion and when I keep my hands off the electric guitar? Its just so loud like a buzzing bee.

Thanks in advance
For #2, change your position/the direction in which you are sitting/standing; move the guitar cable around; if nothing works try playing in a different room.
humming when you take your hands off the guitar sounds like a grounding issue somewhere - does plugging your amp into to a different power outlet help?

As for the screeching sound - to a certain extent there is always going to be that 'squeak' sound when you slide your fingers up and down the strings, but normally when you hear a guitar playing in a mix with some other instruments this sound tends to get lost in the mix so you don't really notice it. if it doesn't, there can be multiple causes - either the strings are worn enough to be creating too much friction against your fingers due to rust and corrosion (you'll certainly FEEL this and it won't be a nice feeling), or you're using too much treble and/or too much gain. Since so many people seem to want to use a whole lot more gain than they really need, I'm naturally inclined to suspect that this could be part of the problem - try backing it off a couple of notches and see if it helps minimise squeaking and screeching.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

As for the screeching sound - to a certain extent there is always going to be that 'squeak' sound when you slide your fingers up and down the strings, but normally when you hear a guitar playing in a mix with some other instruments this sound tends to get lost in the mix so you don't really notice it. if it doesn't, there can be multiple causes - either the strings are worn enough to be creating too much friction against your fingers due to rust and corrosion (you'll certainly FEEL this and it won't be a nice feeling), or you're using too much treble and/or too much gain. Since so many people seem to want to use a whole lot more gain than they really need, I'm naturally inclined to suspect that this could be part of the problem - try backing it off a couple of notches and see if it helps minimise squeaking and screeching.

Yup!

One way to minimize it is to use flatwound strings. But they are typically a bit more muted sounding and not as "Crispy".

I personally like to hear at least some of that squeak in music. Sounds less robotic. Imperfections make it more interesting for me.
Quote by iampeterparkerjr
1) Everytime I record my electric guitar, I hear the sound of my fingers scraping the strings (like a screech sound) whenever i change chords or lift my fingers. Is there a way to remove or at least remove it?

That's partly just what a guitar naturally sounds like. If you're recording, I'd keep some of that string scraping in the mix as it makes the guitars sound more realistic. In fact, some highly advanced synthesizers that run acoustic guitar patches purposefully add string scraping into the software for the sake of realism.

But if there's obviously far too much of it, then the way you reduce it is to not drag your fingers down the strings as you move from one chord to the next. Lift them off the fretboard straight.
[2) My second question is, how do i minimize or remove the humming/buzzing sound I hear whenever I use distortion and when I keep my hands off the electric guitar? Its just so loud like a buzzing bee.

This is caused by the guitar being poorly shielded. Any stray RF that reaches the pickups is being amplified as noise. By touching any part of the guitar that's metal, the RF noise is being shorted down to ground through your own body before reaching the guitar's electrical signal path. When you stop touching anything metal, the noise no longer gets grounded and instead gets amplified.

The way you solve this problem is internally shielding the pickup and control cavities of the guitar with either adhesive copper tape or conductive shielding paint. Many guitars are painted black inside their control and pickup cavities because that's what it is; shielding paint.

You can look up what exactly the shielding is doing by googling what a Faraday Cage is. But essentially by the cavity walls being lined with a conductive material, any RF that reaches the guitar is quickly shorted the ground through the conductive shielding before it reaches the guitar's signal path and creates excessive noise.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend