Poll: Which Should My Next Guitar Be?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Should My Next Guitar Be?
Sterling MusicMan SBMM JP15 7 String Sahara Burst
0 0%
Jackson Pro Misha Mansoor Juggernaut HT 7
4 100%
Other (make suggestion below)
0 0%
Voters: 4.
I've whittled it down to these two options (feel free to make other suggestions):

Sterling MusicMan SBMM JP15 7 String Sahara Burst (Price: £699)

or

Jackson Pro Misha Mansoor Juggernaut HT 7 Charcoal Black (Price: 671)

So, little difference between price. But two pretty different guitars in terms of spec.

I play general Prog Metal stuff. Which makes me lean towards the Misha guitar, but I do love a maple fretboard, and the look of the MM. But at the same time, there's something that annoys me about a bolt on neck with a plate (as opposed to the simple bolts on the Jackson).

I'd probably change the pickups on both regardless of what I choose for some SD Sentient/Nazgul or some BKPs. So that's not really a relevant factor.
Last edited by alistairdunne1994 at Feb 7, 2017,
If you want BKPs, the HT7 is set for drop in replacements.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
i don't like signature guitars, as you pay for the name. personally i don't care for sevens. i would get a PRO jackson soloist over it if its in budget. or an MIJ jackson seven something over another. although it may cost more or less.

but...

i would not buy a guitar intending to throw new pickups in it first. play it and see how you like it, then make the swap if you think you like it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by alistairdunne1994
Would BKPs not fit in the MusicMan?

If the pickup routing on the Sterling is the same as it is on an EBMM, it will be tight or some work may be needed.

Big question, do you want a trem? Longer than 25.5" scale? The answer to those questions will probably point you to which to buy.

Another suggestion would be the Ibanez RGDIX7MPB.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by alistairdunne1994
Would BKPs not fit in the MusicMan?

I don't think it's a problem with it not working. I just saw a clip where the new HTs were being discussed and that was one of their cost-cutting measures---because most people aren't dropping $3-5k on a guitar. I love me some Periphery, but the Juggernauts are far more than I'm going to spend to djent.

That said, the more I pay for a guitar, the less I'm interested in changing the parts out, so I agree with Trashed. If you want to swap pickups, either buy one with the pickups you want or get the axe used.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.