Hey everybody, I was playing my guitar and for the past year or so, and I noticed a problem. Any time I play on the 4th fret of the E string continuously with high gain, I hear this terrible, high-pitch harmonic that just sounds awful. Sadly, the Internet has not been able to help me yet. I have tried muting the other strings, picking at different places on the string, and even changing how I pick the string. I can't seem to solve this problem on my own. Has anybody had this issue before, and does anybody know how to fix it? This is killing my tone every single time I play this riff. Any help would be appreciated!
Actually, I have tried it with a clean sound and still heard it faintly. What could be touching the string? My hands are pretty much off the string with the exception of my finger fretting it.
A high fret would be my guess.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
A high fret would be my guess.

+1

b
what guitar specifically is this?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A weird answer could just be that the note is the resonating freq of the guitar itself. Does something similar happen with that same note in a different octave/position? My HM strat gets all sorts of weird harmonic overtones with B, which is actually kinda cool.

Otherwise, yep high fret.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
A weird answer could just be that the note is the resonating freq of the guitar itself. Does something similar happen with that same note in a different octave/position? My HM strat gets all sorts of weird harmonic overtones with B, which is actually kinda cool.

Otherwise, yep high fret.

good thought. haven't had that happen to me. but good thought nonetheless
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/