Page 1 of 7
I am a feminist.

This may be a surprise to everyone because of my past behaviors but I will now proudly say I am a feminist.

Equal rights for all yo.
Thanks for mansplaining this to us all, pig.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
You're not a woman therefore you are incapable of being a feminist. You cannot possibly understand the woes women face because you aren't one. By claiming to be a feminist despite being male, you are in fact being a sexist misogynistic shitlord.

#TRIGGERED
I have nothing important to say
important
ɪmˈpɔːt(ə)nt/
adjective
adjective: important

of great significance or value.
"important habitats for wildlife"
synonyms: main, chief, principal, key, major, salient, prime, dominant, foremost, supreme, predominant, paramount, overriding, cardinal, crucial, vital, indispensable, critical, essential, significant, urgent; More
central, fundamental, basic;
informalnumber-one
"the important thing is that you do well in your A levels"
of value, valuable, valued, useful, of use, beneficial, necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, of the essence;
of concern, of interest, relevant, pertinent, material, germane
"the school was important to the community"
antonyms: unimportant, inessential, irrelevant
(of a person) having high rank or status.
"an important senator"
synonyms: powerful, influential, of influence, well-connected, high-ranking, high-level, top-level, controlling, dominant, formidable; More
prominent, eminent, pre-eminent, notable, noteworthy, of note;
distinguished, esteemed, respected, prestigious, celebrated, famous, great, grand;
leading, foremost, outstanding;
informalbig, big time, major league, big league
"he was an important man"
antonyms: unimportant, insignificant
(of an artist or artistic work) significantly original and influential.
"writers as important as Hopkins"
synonyms: significant, consequential, momentous, of great moment, of import, of great import, of great consequence, far-reaching, major; More
critical, crucial, vital, pivotal, decisive, urgent, epoch-making, historic, seminal;
serious, grave, substantial, weighty, signal, material
"an important meeting"
antonyms: unimportant, trivial

Origin

I thought you should know what the words that you use mean.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by ehbacon
Cool. As long as you don't believe the wage gap myth we're cool.

It is not a myth
I am banning myself from this thread.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It is not a myth

it really is

Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Feb 8, 2017,
Feminism is for cucks
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I am a feminist.

This may be a surprise to everyone because of my past behaviors but I will now proudly say I am a feminist.

Equal rights for all yo.

Show us yer tits luv.
Go oooon give us a wiggle.
Never forget

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
The wage gap is 100% a myth.

Well, in the UK at least. I can't speak for other countries.
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Show us yer tits luv.
Go oooon give us a wiggle.

do the truffle shuffle

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

(I gave in)
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I like it when people call me a cuck. It feels good to know that you've had sex but there are still some adult virgins out there who think that's an insult of substance. It boosts one's self esteem.
Quote by soundgarden1986
cuck is up there with millenial and snowflake when it comes to words that should be purged from existence

Best post of 2017 right here
Quote by soundgarden1986
cuck is up there with millenial and snowflake when it comes to words that should be purged from existence
i always feel like people who use these are embarrassing themselves more than they're insulting another person.

also sjw

use your words
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This is an alt-right free zone

No yanks please.

this is what you say when you got no data
Check out my band Disturbed
If the wage gap were really true, and women got paid .77 for every dollar a man gets for the same work, that would mean that for every woman that gets paid evenly with men, there should be a woman making almost half as much. The stat is dumb and anyone who believes it is too.
Quote by soundgarden1986

snowflake?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
I am not a feminist. I support their cause and agree with 90% of the rhetoric, but I don't like using the label because I don't/haven't read any books/theories/things on the subject and I'm not that knowledgeable about it
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
I am not a feminist. I support their cause and agree with 90% of the rhetoric, but I don't like using the label because I don't/haven't read any books/theories/things on the subject and I'm not that knowledgeable about it

👍 mintercuck22 likes this

Quote by ehbacon
If the wage gap were really true, and women got paid .77 for every dollar a man gets for the same work, that would mean that for every woman that gets paid evenly with men, there should be a woman making almost half as much. The stat is dumb and anyone who believes it is too.

that's not how statistics work
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm interested 'cause a lot of people say the wage gap is a myth but no one ever shows the data. I don't mean some hack on YouTube or some online journalist, by the way, I wanna see the actual studies. Or at least a collection of expert testiomnials in the field, like people with Ph.Ds in money related academic fields.
Free Ali
^ Yeah.

The other thing is, even if the statistics are wrong, that doesn't necessarily mean that feminism is bunk.

There's that little phrase, "For the same job", which seems so reasonable that it'd be churlish to argue with.

But it's very sneaky. There are arguably societal reasons why men and women tend to do different jobs... jobs which require similar qualifications and skills often pay way better for jobs which men tend to do rather than women, for example. There's still a lot of societal pressure to do certain jobs based on gender, the different genders are often steered towards certain jobs in school careers classes etc., even within those jobs there's a lot more pressure on women than men to the extent that a lot of women might not want to do them (and I don't blame them, why should you have to fight every second of every day to prove you're worthy?).

Etc.

And that's before you consider that the exact statistic might be wrong, but not wrong enough to actually mean the main thrust of the argument is wrong- if it's 85% instead of 77%, for example, that would still suggest sexism.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You do you man, whatever makes you happy, as long as this means you'll start making fewer crappy threads
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Yeah.

The other thing is, even if the statistics are wrong, that doesn't necessarily mean that feminism is bunk.

There's that little phrase, "For the same job", which seems so reasonable that it'd be churlish to argue with.

But it's very sneaky. There are arguably societal reasons why men and women tend to do different jobs... jobs which require similar qualifications and skills often pay way better for jobs which men tend to do rather than women, for example. There's still a lot of societal pressure to do certain jobs based on gender, the different genders are often steered towards certain jobs in school careers classes etc., even within those jobs there's a lot more pressure on women than men to the extent that a lot of women might not want to do them (and I don't blame them, why should you have to fight every second of every day to prove you're worthy?).

Etc.

And that's before you consider that the exact statistic might be wrong, but not wrong enough to actually mean the main thrust of the argument is wrong- if it's 85% instead of 77%, for example, that would still suggest sexism.

yah it's not so much that men and women don't get paid in the same role for the most part it's just societal expectations put men and women in different roles and the mens roles pay more

i do think there's an element of men being tougher negotiators for pay and women being overlooked for promotions in more skilled/professional roles but for a shop floor worker or whatever no there won't be the wage gap

Quote by Rebel Scum

homophobia? very edgy.
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's not how statistics work

that's exactly how that statistic works if whe claim is that it is .77 per dollar for the same work.

what makes it false is the "for the same work". The stat actually is the average income of men and women, but this is mostly affected by richest people in the country basically being all males. The multi billionaires affect the stat wayyy more than the average worker. There is no wage gap for the average worker, just for the top 0.001%
Quote by JackSaints
You're not a woman therefore you are incapable of being a feminist. You cannot possibly understand the woes women face because you aren't one. By claiming to be a feminist despite being male, you are in fact being a sexist misogynistic shitlord.

#TRIGGERED

maybe he's just transgendered and this is his way of trying to come out as a woman.
Ok so let's do a little math on the wage gap. It says "for the same work", so in this hypothetical scenario we will be having 100 female workers getting payed out of a pool of $77 (because $0.77 for everyone one dollar).

Let's first say that 50% of the women get payed $1. That takes up $50 of the $77, leaving $27 for the remaining 50 women. If the remaining women were all payed the same, they would receive $0.57 in pay each.

Let's say 5 of the women get payed $0.90 instead, now leaving $22.50 for the 45 remaining women. If they were all to get payed equally, they would be payed $0.50.

Now let's say that 5 more women get payed $0.70 (halfway between $0.90 and $0.50). This would leave $19 for the remaining 40 women, meaning that each would be payed $0.48.

It's easy to see that having 50% of the women receive the same pay as men for the same work would be impossible.

So now let's assume that 40% of women get payed $1.00. This takes up $40 of the $77, leaving $37 for the remaining 60 women. If they were all payed the same, they would make $0.62 each.

Let's say 5 women make $0.90, this now leaves $32.5 for the remaining 55 women. The rest would be payed $0.59.

Now let's say that 5 women make $0.75. This would $28.75 for the remaining 50 women, The rest would be payed $0.58

So 40% of women getting payed $1.00 for every $1.00 the average man makes is also impossible.

So if only 30% of women got payed $1.00, that would leave $47 for the remaining 70 women. If the rest were all payed equally, this would mean that they would make $0.67.

Let's say 5 women get payed $0.90, this would leave $42.5 for the remaining 65 women. The rest would be payed $0.65.

Let's say 5 women get payed $0.78, leaving $38.60 for the remaining 60 women. The rest would be payed $0.64

So if 30% of women making the same as men for the same work is also almost impossible. The chances that this is the case are incredibly low.

So if only 20% of women get payed $1.00, that takes up $20 of $77, leaving $57 for the remaining 80 women. If they are all payed equally, they would make $0.71.

Let's say 5 of the women make $0.90, this leaves $52.50 for the remaining 75 women. This means they would each get payed $0.70.

Let's now say that 5 more women get payed $0.80, leaving $48.50 for the remaining 70 women. This means they would each get payed $0.69

This is not impossible, but still statistically improbable.

So if only 10% of women get payed $1.000, that takes up $10 of the $77, which leaves $67 for the remaining 90 women. If they were payed the same, they would each be payed $0.74.

If 5 women were payed $0.90, that would leave $62.50 for the remaining 85 women. If they were payed the same, they would each be payed $0.74

If 5 women were then payed $0.87, that would leave $58.15 for the remaining 85 women. If they were payed the same, they would each be payed $0.73

This could be possible, but only 10% of women getting payed the same as men is not probable

So that's a basic breakdown of the stat. Really for any chance of it being true, it would mean that only 20% or less of women would get payed the same as men, which is really improbable. My breakdown is also assuming that no women get payed more than men, which I'm sure there are women that do. I couldn't find stats for how many women report earning the same as their mail constituents, so for now it's just hypothetical.
Last edited by ehbacon at Feb 8, 2017,
Quote by ehbacon
Ok so let's do a little math on the wage gap. It says "for the same work", so in this hypothetical scenario we will be having 100 female workers getting payed out of a pool of $77 (because $0.77 for everyone one dollar).

Let's first say that 50% of the women get payed $1. That takes up $50 of the $77, leaving $27 for the remaining 50 women. If the remaining women were all payed the same, they would receive $0.57 in pay each.

Let's say 5 of the women get payed $0.90 instead, now leaving $22.50 for the 45 remaining women. If they were all to get payed equally, they would be payed $0.50.

Now let's say that 5 more women get payed $0.70 (halfway between $0.90 and $0.50). This would leave $19 for the remaining 40 women, meaning that each would be payed $0.48.

It's easy to see that having 50% of the women receive the same pay as men for the same work would be impossible.

So now let's assume that 40% of women get payed $1.00. This takes up $40 of the $77, leaving $37 for the remaining 60 women. If they were all payed the same, they would make $0.62 each.

Let's say 5 women make $0.90, this now leaves $32.5 for the remaining 55 women. The rest would be payed $0.59.

Now let's say that 5 women make $0.75. This would $28.75 for the remaining 50 women, The rest would be payed $0.58

So 40% of women getting payed $1.00 for every $1.00 the average man makes is also impossible.

So if only 30% of women got payed $1.00, that would leave $47 for the remaining 70 women. If the rest were all payed equally, this would mean that they would make $0.67.

Let's say 5 women get payed $0.90, this would leave $42.5 for the remaining 65 women. The rest would be payed $0.65.

Let's say 5 women get payed $0.78, leaving $38.60 for the remaining 60 women. The rest would be payed $0.64

So if 30% of women making the same as men for the same work is also almost impossible. The chances that this is the case are incredibly low.

So if only 20% of women get payed $1.00, that takes up $20 of $77, leaving $57 for the remaining 80 women. If they are all payed equally, they would make $0.71.

Let's say 5 of the women make $0.90, this leaves $52.50 for the remaining 75 women. This means they would each get payed $0.70.

Let's now say that 5 more women get payed $0.80, leaving $48.50 for the remaining 70 women. This means they would each get payed $0.69

This is not impossible, but still statistically improbable.

So if only 10% of women get payed $1.000, that takes up $10 of the $77, which leaves $67 for the remaining 90 women. If they were payed the same, they would each be payed $0.74.

If 5 women were payed $0.90, that would leave $62.50 for the remaining 85 women. If they were payed the same, they would each be payed $0.74

If 5 women were then payed $0.87, that would leave $58.15 for the remaining 85 women. If they were payed the same, they would each be payed $0.73

This could be possible, but only 10% of women getting payed the same as men is not probable

So that's a basic breakdown of the stat. Really for any chance of it being true, it would mean that only 20% or less of women would get payed the same as men, which is really improbable. My breakdown is also assuming that no women get payed more than men, which I'm sure there are women that do. I couldn't find stats for how many women report earning the same as their mail constituents, so for now it's just hypothetical.

this right here is why your post is complete nonsense. I don't mean to be a dick but you've just discredited your entire argument, seeing as many women do in fact earn more than men

I'd argue that the ideals behind capitalism and the free market disprove the wage gap too, seeing as if it were the case that women get paid 30% less than men for the exact same job, then employers would seek out and hire women exclusively to save money

I mean I'd argue that the statistic itself is true, that women probably do earn less than men. But not for the exact same jobs, and that its down to personal choice (which you could argue is influenced by sexism and society). A lot of women opt to go part time when starting a family, I know my own mother did, or may even leave their jobs entirely. How many men do the same? that right there will be a big factor on a person's lifetime earnings. I don't know if the researchers took that into account, or any other variables. But I think that a large sweeping statistic/generalisation like that will always be inaccurate due to all the variables at play, and that it'd be more productive to narrow down that research and look at pay gaps in specific fields/industries or maybe even specific jobs.
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!