My bad if there is lots of threads about the element but i am new to the site an i did not find much info that i could use here an other forum based music websites. With that being said i had to sell off all my guitar an i was left with a cheapo 6 string dean guitar that i do think it has the best stock pup's i ever head so instead of buying a new guitar an keep playing with out a amp i got a Digitech element xp.

It should be here today or tomorrow i have checked out youtube an found some good videos that went over all the sounds etc of this pedal.. I just want to know if any one has one or messed with one ?? I am kinda setting my self up to not get upset if i can not get a GREAT metal tone but i really want something usable.
I will be in drop C using heavy core 12-54 strings an playing with my headphones. I think there is the digitech metal,death metal, boss ds-1, muff??? ibanez tube screamer.. there is a basic 3 band eq for this an the gain setup is 1-9 more closer to the 9 more gain each distortion will produce..

Where do you guys think i should start with the eq settings an gain setting to get a good starting point?
Quote by 1mtx1
My bad if there is lots of threads about the element but i am new to the site an i did not find much info that i could use here an other forum based music websites. With that being said i had to sell off all my guitar an i was left with a cheapo 6 string dean guitar that i do think it has the best stock pup's i ever head so instead of buying a new guitar an keep playing with out a amp i got a Digitech element xp.

It should be here today or tomorrow i have checked out youtube an found some good videos that went over all the sounds etc of this pedal.. I just want to know if any one has one or messed with one ?? I am kinda setting my self up to not get upset if i can not get a GREAT metal tone but i really want something usable.
I will be in drop C using heavy core 12-54 strings an playing with my headphones. I think there is the digitech metal,death metal, boss ds-1, muff??? ibanez tube screamer.. there is a basic 3 band eq for this an the gain setup is 1-9 more closer to the 9 more gain each distortion will produce..

Where do you guys think i should start with the eq settings an gain setting to get a good starting point?
So you are asking advice on whether or not an item will work for you, AFTER you have bought the said item? That is not how I would go about getting advice on gear, friend.

The Digitech MFX units are okay, but typically there are better units in any given price range. There are no magical EQ or gain settings that will get you the tones you want. You have to experiment. Typically you will start with a Marshall amp simulation driven to death, boost it lightly with a tubescreamer, and you will have a typical metal tone. You should be able to get usable tones for bedroom practice. Start with the factory presets. http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_documents/documents/1791_1383603445/Element_%28XP%29_Manual_5037184-A_original.pdf Page 36.

A few of the "metal" presets I see: F1, F6, F13, F40.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 9, 2017,
Quote by Will Lane
So you are asking advice on whether or not an item will work for you, AFTER you have bought the said item? That is not how I would go about getting advice on gear, friend.

The Digitech MFX units are okay, but typically there are better units in any given price range. There are no magical EQ or gain settings that will get you the tones you want. You have to experiment. Typically you will start with a Marshall amp simulation driven to death, boost it lightly with a tubescreamer, and you will have a typical metal tone. You should be able to get usable tones for bedroom practice. Start with the factory presets. http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_documents/documents/1791_1383603445/Element_%28XP%29_Manual_5037184-A_original.pdf Page 36.

A few of the "metal" presets I see: F1, F6, F13, F40.

Ya not funny , well maybe a little bit lol. I did a lot of research read every review n watched all videos i could find . I just wanted to see what someone would have to say about a starting point about this pedal. I know how to shop with the best of them i just wanted to get some advice about trying to get a usable metal type distortion ? If possible ..
I owned the element xp for a brief couple days. I didn't get rid of it because I didn't like it, got rid of it for a trade to get a better amp. If you take the time and adjust things you can get an ok usable distortion. Won't be the best, but won't be total crap either. One thing worth mentioning is that you really don't wanna go real high in the amp sims. Ex 1-10. Especially if your playing throuugh an amp as this will create a loud shrill. If using headphones its not as bad.