Hi everyone,
I am new to ultimateGuitar, and I am looking for advice setting up my rc-3 loop station to record effects straight from my amplifier's output.
My problem is that I hear static when I am listening to the audio file from the loop station or when I am listening to the out put.
When I listen directly with my headphones to my amp it sounds fine.

I've tried my set up as follows:
  • Guitar > (via: mono 1/4") > Spider III line 6 > Pod-style output (stereo) > mono guitar cable > mono input.
  • Guitar > (via: mono 1/4") > Spider III line 6 > Pod-style output (stereo) > (via: 1/8' stereo to 1/4' stereo) > 1/8" stereo cable > mono input.
  • Guitar > (via: mono 1/4") > Spider III line 6 > Pod-style output (stereo) > (via: 1/8' mono to 1/4' mono) > 1/8" stereo cable > mono input.
  • Guitar > (via: mono 1/4") >Spider III line 6 > Pod-style output (stereo) > (via: 1/8' stereo to 1/4' stereo) > 1/8" stereo cable > stereo input.

also on each setup of either used no output cable (just plugged in to power on loop station) or i've plugged headphones into mono output using 1/8" mono to 1/4" mono

I hear static noise on all these applications.
Assuming that the cables and adapters are fine. What is the best setup to record from my amp into the loop station?

All I have in cables and adapters is and speakers:

• Spider III line 6 that has 1/8" mono input, 1/4" stereo aux input, 1/8" stereo output
  • Logitech Speakers that has 1/4" stereo input
  • 1/8" stereo to 1/4" stereo
  • 1/8" mono to 1/4" mono
  • 1/4" stereo to 1/8" stereo (I have two of these)
  • 1/4" mono L, 1/4" mono right to 1/4" stereo
  • 1/8" stereo cable
  • 1/4" mono cable (I have 2 of these)

What is my best option to set up recording my guitar with amp effects into pedal? I do not need to have the loop pedal output connected to my amp.
Last edited by apbeaudoin at Feb 9, 2017,
If I'm understanding this correctly, you're using a Line 6 Spider III head that has two outputs meant to go into a speaker cabinet. Instead of going to a speaker cabinet though, you're wiring it into the inputs of the RC-3.

If that's what you're doing, that's BAD. The RC-3 is designed to record your low level guitar signal BEFORE it hits the amplifier (i.e. guitar->cable->rc-3->cable->amp input). You may have already damaged the pedal by accident because it's not supposed to be connected to high-powered amp outputs meant to drive speakers.

If you want to record with the effects on your guitar, you need to use more pedals in the chain before it OR connect it to the headphone out on your amp:
guitar->cable->distortion pedal->reverb pedal->rc-3->cable->amp input OR
guitar->cable->amp input->headphone output->1/8 input on rc-3.