Page 1 of 2
Show 'em. What inspires you to pick up the axe and play for the joy of it?

One at a time!!! The more times you post, the more shit you can talk

I love watching his hands.

Last edited by TobusRex at Feb 9, 2017,
Quote by TobusRex
Slapsy, lad....ya know what happens to smart arse beeches in Oklahoma!!????
They get elected to the Senate and embezzle public funds on cocaine and hookers?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They get elected to the Senate and embezzle public funds on cocaine and hookers?

You should move to the USA, obviously. When you get to the Senate, remember yer old pal Tobus.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
"Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. I don't know why, I just really liked the rhythm in the song. Can't put the video since the Beatles aren't on YouTube.
slapsymcdougal

I think that could possibly be the most pompous tribute to Spinal Tap I've ever heard in my life.
Never let it be said TobusRex didn't help a fellow person! Pretty sure that's Xiaoxi on the bass. When I was a little guy this was probably one of my favorite 3 or 4 songs. I grew up in a house filled with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Moving Sidewalks, Uriah Heep, and Bob Wills, lol. I guess I'm musically spoiled. I'm glad of it.

Quote by TobusRex
slapsymcdougal

I think that could possibly be the most pompous tribute to Spinal Tap I've ever heard in my life.
It's certainly a tribute to bad poetry.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
whywefight: what kind of music is that? sounds kinda freeform jazzish? kinda like old time 70's soul.
I bought a shitty hollow body ES-335 copy specifically for the purpose of learning this song! Man, that rig was pure garbage, but I was so bad it didn't matter. It was fucking beautiful though. Easy song to learn, and pretty damned badass. I can moan this motherfucker with the best of them, especially when hammered.

"Under the Bridge" was one of the songs that originally inspired me to play guitar. my taste has expanded quite a bit since I first got into Red Hot Chili Peppers, but this song will always be a classic to me!
Quote by TobusRex
whywefight: what kind of music is that? sounds kinda freeform jazzish? kinda like old time 70's soul.

A lot of people say it's a precursor to post rock, but I dont really see it. To me it has more in common with 60s psychedelic/ prog with quite a bit of freeform jazz influence like you said, but I dont know much about it. It came out in the 90s of all decades, even though it sounds like it could've come out anytime really.

Still one of my favorite albums ever tho
It's very cool and interesting, whyweflight, whatever it's called
Quote by PatrickStevens
"Under the Bridge" was one of the songs that originally inspired me to play guitar. my taste has expanded quite a bit since I first got into Red Hot Chili Peppers, but this song will always be a classic to me!

I forgot that one! Had to look it up on youtube. I liked it at the time, and I like it now!
Quote by PatrickStevens
Yeah, the whole BSSM album is what I always go back to, it's a rhythm guitar masterpiece. My number one is this, especially the outro:

...With serious honourable mentions to Apache Rose Peacock and Funky Monks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Feb 9, 2017,
I taught myself this (and not very well). damn I love a well played fingerstyle tune. Total fucking sucker.

When I was a kid I thought the shitty synth was a clean electric
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have none.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Now I got to change my underwear. Thanks, I guess, Tony. For wasting my detergent.

I love the guys that make it look effortless and natural. Check it, Tony. Looks pretty easy, but it takes something special to sound like this. I could probably learn to pick this...but I'd never sound this good.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
I have none.

for the record...Josh posted this to my personal account.

TobusRex

I'm glad you liked it. Brownie McGhee had I great touch, almost jazzy. I saw him live, playing with Sonny Terry, in the same concert as Bukka White, Fred McDowell and Skip James. Fred was wearing the vest that Bukka has on in that "Aberdeen" vid, I've no idea to whom it belonged. Fred and Skip are two of my favourites.
Last edited by Tony Done at Feb 9, 2017,
Every Time I Die riffs! A lot of them just roll off the digitals!
Loves: Dillinger Escape Plan, Muse, Native Construct,, black coffee, bearded men, and most of all, cats.

Hates: Music with no heart, water chestnuts, potato salad
Ha guy in OP looks like Shaggy
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Cardbored
Ha guy in OP looks like Shaggy

?
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Nah this guy

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Page 1 of 2