Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 2
is it ok to use the word niggardly in 2015

nig·gard·ly

/ˈniɡərdlē/

adjective: niggardly

not generous; stingy.
"serving out the rations with a niggardly hand"

synonyms: cheap, mean, miserly, parsimonious, close-fisted, penny-pinching, cheeseparing, grasping, ungenerous, illiberal;

Like, if my friend says, "I can't afford to pay you back" is it ok for me to say, "dude, you're such a niggard" is that ok
Check out my band Disturbed
This thread will surely be a positive contribution to ultimate guitar dot com
Is niggard a word? Niggardly is fine.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I know several people who'd get #triggardly over this
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
"How do I word choice in social settings"

LOL @ triggardly
My God, it's full of stars!
What about chicken nuggers? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
LOL 'CUZ IT SOUNDS LIKE NIGGER

edge af

btw it's not 2015
Don't see why not. In mandarin they have a word that is pronounced like "ni-gur". It's like their version of ummm in english or its some sort of conjunction. So sometimes when they're talking you can hear a chinese speaker say "ni-gur this ni-gur that".
Only niggardly people would object to using the word "niggardly"
I have nothing important to say
i snigger at the word niggard
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by neidnarb11890
LOL 'CUZ IT SOUNDS LIKE NIGGER

edge af

btw it's not 2015

I'll jigger your face, friend
Quote by Rebel Scum
Don't see why not. In mandarin they have a word that is pronounced like "ni-gur". It's like their version of ummm in english or its some sort of conjunction. So sometimes when they're talking you can hear a chinese speaker say "ni-gur this ni-gur that".

it's ne ge and it's basically 'uh'
insert chappelle show skit here
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
OP you're such niggard for making this plebbardly thread
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

i voted no because it's clearly dropped out of the vernacular, and there are tons of words that fill the same role
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
i voted no because it's clearly dropped out of the vernacular, and there are tons of words that fill the same role

maybe you shouldnt be so niggardly about vocabulary options fam
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by BladeSlinger

you know what's dropped out of the vernacular?

vernacular
Quote by StewieSwan
you know what's dropped out of the vernacular?

vernacular

Only in Scumerica, plebian filth.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
You'll have to pry the Popeye's from my cold, dead, perfectly seasoned and spiced hands.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, because being cheap, mean, miserly, parsimonious, close-fisted, penny-pinching, cheeseparing, grasping, ungenerous and/or illiberal is cultural appropriation of black culture

/s
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Feb 9, 2017,
There are plenty of other words for this that do not run the risk of sounding like you're using a racial slur. Why not just use them?
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
There are plenty of other words for this that do not run the risk of sounding like you're using a racial slur. Why not just use them?
I like being niggardly with my vocabulary
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
this word reminds me of trump's ''danger countries'' ban

if u white boys wanna say nigga just say nigga why make up a word u bitches
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
this word reminds me of trump's ''danger countries'' ban

if u white boys wanna say nigga just say nigga why make up a word u bitches

That's mighty white of you.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by PatchworkMan
its because after their mums can't tell them off for saying "fuck" anymore some losers still want to be able to say things that feel naughty, like they're getting away with something, but not too naughty because deep down they know they're being asshats
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Well, I'm glad that I am not the only person on here who makes outlandish comments.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by Rebel Scum

i feel like you learned this from russell peters
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
So people just replaced the word niggardly with jew i.e. they jewed me on these fries.

Intredasting
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
You are by far the last person on this planet capable of having this sort of discussion openly. Though of course, the notion of you saying a word phonetically similar to a racial slur so you can 'get away with it' is fitting within your whole oeuvre. This is exactly who you are. Wormy garbage.
Quote by chaosinsues5
I learnt a new word today.

Was it "insues"
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Acϵ♠
i feel like you learned this from russell peters

lol no. I'm learning to speak it.
Dreadnought
I expected someone to pick up on that.
chaosensues was taken.
I seem to be having trouble finding 'mountainman' in the dictionary.
Last edited by chaosinsues5 at Feb 10, 2017,
Page 1 of 2