Hi, musician in this community!

I've been learning guitar for three years myself and learning isn't that hard. The hard part was finding a material for learning.

It's seem like everyone in this community is above intermediate and I'm here to ask you for direction, mate! I want to learn something and I don't know what is it. I can play solo and able to improvise using the the scale I remember from most song (I don't know the scale name but I know the pattern) and I can play some classical music on my classical guitar well. Am I practical and I think I should consider some theory behind music. I just don't know where to go next.

My goal is to able to hear and play and able to write song!

I have nothing to give you back in helping me but appreciation! Sorry, English is not my first language.
Last edited by sosxradar at Feb 10, 2017,
Hi dude.

If you'd like to write songs, nothing is stopping you but yourself. Write a song. Your first songs will be crap, but the more you write, the better you'll get.

If you'd like to figure out songs by ear you need to know:

- Chords
- Major and minor scales
- How to use accidentals
- What a key is, and the chords that belong to that key
- How to find the key of a song by ear

Or alternatively just keep playing with a song until you get it. There's no fast way to learn to figure out songs by ear, but knowing the above can help.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
It's one thing knowing a scale pattern, quite another knowing how to use the intervals in it, and know how to use the tendencies they set up (e.g resolving a 4 to a 3 in a major scale based melody). Also, really get into chord tones (r, (b)3, (b/#)5, (b)7) and be able to play these in solos as the chords go by, without worrying about scales.
Theory is good to learn, especially when it comes to figuring out how everything fits together, even if you don't necessarily follow it. It's also great for communicating your ideas to other musicians who might be learning your songs in a band setting, or vice versa.
Learning songs by ear is probably the best thing to do (if you're not doing it already). The more you practice that, the easier it'll be to translate the music you hear in your head onto your instrument. Also, transcribing (charting, tabbing, etc) the songs you learn by ear is great practice that can help you out a lot.