This thread is a few weeks late.

I had been planning (as those of you who remember my Tele thread from a few months ago know) to get a Tele, but then I found this. My local Music Go Round was selling a virtually brand new American Special Strat (2015, previously owned but never played, stickers still on, still in gig bag, doodads bag unopened) for $700. I decided I couldn't pass on that kind of a deal on an American-made Fender, especially since white and maple is my favorite color scheme, so now I have this:

I decided almost immediately that I didn't like the Greasebucket circuit; I like to muddy up the tone. So I had that removed and had the pots rewired so that there's only only one master tone, Tele-style. I may go back and change the switch to a three-way, so that it's even more Tele-like, but I haven't up made my mind on that just yet. I also had the brige tightened in place because I don't use the trem bar.

With the Greasebucket gone, I like the Texas Specials. They're a little hotter and darker than standard single-coils and that's what I was looking for.

Here's a shitty smart phone video from band practice last night. This is the middle pickup running into a Roland Cube 60 on the "classic" setting.
https://www.facebook.com/rootriverstory/posts/757764051053623
Death to Ovation haters!
Congrats! HNGD to you!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
dude i have seen clearer shots of bigfoot riding the loch ness monster.

but seriously, nice strat!
gregs1020 Yeah, the camera on my phone sucks and my living room is not well lit. But we all know what a Strat with a CBS headstock looks like, right?
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by gregs1020
dude i have seen clearer shots of bigfoot riding the loch ness monster.

but seriously, nice strat!

yeah but none of those had bigfoot playing a strat

nice enjoy
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PatchworkMan
gregs1020 Yeah, the camera on my phone sucks and my living room is not well lit. But we all know what a Strat with a CBS headstock looks like, right?

we all know what a hot babe looks like too but we prefer a clear image.

I guess I can't argue with that logic.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by monwobobbo
yeah but none of those had bigfoot playing a strat

nice enjoy

From what I understand, Bigfoot plays a Reverse Firebird.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
From what I understand, Bigfoot plays a Reverse Firebird.

Bigfoot, being a mythical creature, only plays mythical guitars, like Les Pauls that stay in tune.
Death to Ovation haters!