I'm in a jazz ensemble in my college and jazz improz and most of my guitars are set up to for metal. Has anyone tried the wildkat out? With bigsy trem system. I figured a nice hollowbody or semihollow would be my best bet for this ensemble. I recently went over to guitar center and my price range is around 500 not including tax. I played An Ibanez artcore, the wildkat and an epiphone dot all which felt nice although the ibanez neck was a little too small.

The warm tone of the Wildkat is nice and it was only like..340 or 400? I know it's my decision to make however I would like some opinions. Hearing opinions on buying gear like this is always helpful to me so thanks in advance
don't see any reason why not. similar to an ES-175 which has certainly been used as a jazz box. I've tried a couple of those out and found them to be pretty good for clean stuff and some dirty blues. if you like th guitar then go for it.
Quote by monwobobbo
don't see any reason why not. similar to an ES-175 which has certainly been used as a jazz box. I've tried a couple of those out and found them to be pretty good for clean stuff and some dirty blues. if you like th guitar then go for it.

The wildkat doesn't have much in common with an ES-175....

Quote by paruwi

similar to one of those ES series guitars . ok I tried. I know nt a full hollow body or as deep but close enough for the price of the epi
A friend of mine has a Wildkat. To my ears, the P90s in it are a little on the hot side, so to play jazz with one, you'll probably have to do some tone shaping with your guitar & amp knobs.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by monwobobbo
similar to one of those ES series guitars . ok I tried. I know nt a full hollow body or as deep but close enough for the price of the epi
I tend to describe them as closer to a chambered solidbody such as a thinline Tele than a "proper" semihollow even, such as an ES-3x5. That said, hollow-ness doesn't equal quality, and while hollowbodies are particularly associated with Jazz the Wildkat is definitely in that sonic territory, I would say. That said, Epi's Broadway and Emperor models (with the exception of the jangly Gretsch-alike Swingster) would be more obvious candidates. They're a bit pricier, but I imagine secondhand they can be had within your budget (not sure about US prices). Those models - the Broadway, the Joe Pass Emperor and the Emperor Regent, though I think the latter may have been discontinued - are all full hollows firmly rooted in a jazz tradition. They would be my pick, given my penchant for big hollowbodies, but that's obviously not to say they should be yours. The Wildkat is more than suitable for jazz, as would be any of Epiphone's other semihollows (if you liked the Dot, the Sheraton might also be of interest to you since it's a slightly nicer take on pretty much the same design with a feel that's more "Epiphone" than the "Epiphone making a budget Gibson" vibe of the Dot), or even something like a Les Paul. I'm not as familiar with other options but I know Godin has a few.

If you're not interested in further suggestions, then the short answer is yes: the Wildkat should do nicely. If you do find the pickups too hot as dannyalcatraz suggested, it shouldn't be anything that rolling off the volume or tone a tad won't solve.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I'll probably go to guitar center and play it one more time. My only other question would be the bigsby trem system? Personally I think it makes this guitar look really nice but looks aren't everything. I've heard that the Bigsby system can be annoying? I constantly change strings and set up floyd rose bridges so is the bigsby that much of a hassle?
Quote by dankiechi
I'll probably go to guitar center and play it one more time. My only other question would be the bigsby trem system? Personally I think it makes this guitar look really nice but looks aren't everything. I've heard that the Bigsby system can be annoying? I constantly change strings and set up floyd rose bridges so is the bigsby that much of a hassle?

bigsby not really a hassle but it's not ike a standard or Floyd either. no dive bombs designed for far more subtle use. with a proper setup it should be fine.
Quote by dankiechi
I would say substantially more awkward to restring than a Floyd, but you can very easily make or buy tools that eliminate that difficulty either by helping to bend the string at the end so it doesn't jump off the pin so readily or by holding it in place to the same end. Without such a tool, I find it to be incredibly annoying when restringing but ultimately worth it when you actually use the thing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I see. Doesn't seem like it'll be too much of a problem then thanks a lot everyone!
Quote by paruwi

Note the clean job made by 15 years old children ....

Quote by Gold_Concept
Note the clean job made by 15 years old children ....

Trolling again ?

This type of comments shows your intelligence
15 years old children are working in Epiphone factory .
Last edited by Gold_Concept at Feb 12, 2017,
I don't think reposting that serves any good purpose.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!