VStratto Music

Great stuff! Listening to the first playlist you've got there. Mixed perfectly. This comes up with most metal, but the bass is kinda lost in the guitar and the drums cuz everything is always so, ya know, heavy with sound. Your piano song (sentience melody), was a nice melody too. The thing with piano tho that's always hard is levelling out the stabs and such. I hate recording on the piano because nothing is even on it, ya know, like with guitar you play and it always stays relatively the same with no spikes and stuff, but piano is just very stabby sounding. Great stuff though.

Alright now for the metal. With the first one, you lost a lot of ambience after the first part ended and the drums and guitar came in. Guitar sounds a little in your face too and the drums kinda sound like you pushed them to the back of the stage. Really something you can rock out to though. Same issue with Buried, the song itself is great, but the mixing pushes the drums too far back and the guitar too in your face, which is hard to fix, I know, but it would really make it better. Conscious actually sound better as far as mixing, just maybe make the drums louder (like 3 decibels ought to do it). Yea same issues with the next three that have drums. Taken was perfect though as far as mixing and melody. Great Stuff!

Can you review my song? Just mixed it, first draft though.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1724656
Quote by hitman_47
That's a tight rhythm bro!

I liked the tones and the technicalities of your playing. The solo was technically sound but I think it needs more meat.

Short and sweet overall.

Check out my track on https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1724594#1 and let me know what you think

Thanks! I kind of regret saying this is a solo as it is more of a pre-chorus with lead on it type of thing; the song isn't finished!

Quote by NiallCatney
Sounds great man, really cool riffs - great use of rhythm. Playing is spot on all round, tone is great, Really enjoyed it, looking forward to more.

Check out my track here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1719192#6

Thank you! My rythm playing here is not as clean and precise as I'd like it to be but I'm working on it, my playing tone in the clip is from the Grind Machine plugin, I use more complex amp & cab chains for recording but for playthroughs I just start a random amp&cab plugin and play away!

Quote by dabdabtheduck
VStratto Music

Great stuff! Listening to the first playlist you've got there. Mixed perfectly. This comes up with most metal, but the bass is kinda lost in the guitar and the drums cuz everything is always so, ya know, heavy with sound. Your piano song (sentience melody), was a nice melody too. The thing with piano tho that's always hard is levelling out the stabs and such. I hate recording on the piano because nothing is even on it, ya know, like with guitar you play and it always stays relatively the same with no spikes and stuff, but piano is just very stabby sounding. Great stuff though.

Alright now for the metal. With the first one, you lost a lot of ambience after the first part ended and the drums and guitar came in. Guitar sounds a little in your face too and the drums kinda sound like you pushed them to the back of the stage. Really something you can rock out to though. Same issue with Buried, the song itself is great, but the mixing pushes the drums too far back and the guitar too in your face, which is hard to fix, I know, but it would really make it better. Conscious actually sound better as far as mixing, just maybe make the drums louder (like 3 decibels ought to do it). Yea same issues with the next three that have drums. Taken was perfect though as far as mixing and melody. Great Stuff!

Can you review my song? Just mixed it, first draft though.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1724656

Hey, thanks so much for listening to my stuff, Sentience & Buried Strenght are both more than half a year old and I've only started recording 1,5 years ago, in these six months I've been working a lot on my mixing, playing and writing, also I've been recording new songs but like I said, barely released anything, I have more than 50 mins of unreleased new songs. What's holding me back is that I've been listening to my own stuff on cheaper gear and headphones and realised that it sounds horrible, so I want to improve with that before releasing anything serious.

I know about the mixing/writing/arrangement flaws in Buried Strenght, but at the same time those mixes were very basic and I've improved a lot since then, thanks for reviewing it anyway, glad you like it!

I did record a very beautiful ambient/post rock song yesterday that I'm in love with, so that will be the next thing I release probably.

Thanks for the reviews and I'll go listen to your songs now!