Hi. Can anybody tell me where is difference between these two guitars?
http://www.schecterguitars.com/international/guitars/keith-merrow-km-7-2016-12-01--detail
http://www.schecterguitars.com/international/guitars/keith-merrow-km-7-mk-ii-see-thru-black-pearl-detail

I generally mean active and passive mounts? If its sound the same? And is it posseble to replace these pickups to SD Black Winter (passive)?
Thanks.
gmphoenixgold what do you mean by "mount"? That's not a typical term.

Yes, active and passive pickups can usually be interchanged as long as there's room for the battery and electronics.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Neither of those are active mount. The first one just has covers over the pickups. You can replace them with any standard passive mount pickups, including the Black Winter set.
"Active Mount" is just a term Seymour Duncan are using to say that the pickups fit in the same route as a 7 string EMG pickup. For quite a while they were the most popular style of 7 string pickup so a lot of guitars are already routed for them.

The ones they are calling "Passive Mount" are the same shape as a traditional humbucker but with an extra pole. There are more and more 7 string pickups becoming available in this style.
Passive mount: the pretty much normal old-school way of pickup shapes

Example: Passive mount

Active mount: EMG style soapbar mount, like their 707 pickup.

Example: Active mount

The active mount requires a larger route than the passive mount, and would be attached to the guitar in a way called "direct mount". Which it's mounted directly to the body With no pickup rings.
Thanks a lot! But if its sound the same? Does "extra pole" make any changes in sound? As I understood you these 2 Schecter guitars are completely the same.
Last edited by gmphoenixgold at Feb 13, 2017,
Quote by gmphoenixgold
Thanks a lot! But if its sound the same? Does "extra pole" make any changes in sound? As I understood you these 2 Schecter guitars are completely the same.

They most likely sound the same.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They sound the same, just affixed to the guitar differently.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan