I need your help really fast guys.

My friend is leaving country and he has to get rid of his Left Handed Schecter Hellraiser C9 guitar .
And I was thinking of buying it from him because this piece of art is just too beautiful in my opinion. (don't judge me)...thing is I cannot use it, because I play right handed

How hard would it be to convert it into a right handed guitar? Aka, turning it upside down, rotating the pickups and so on..
Do I need a new bridge? A new nut ? Or can I just rotate the nut..and then unscrew the pins from the bridge and switch them somehow.

And i suppose there should be some drilling involved too..since it's a string through body.

His plane will leave in about 8-9 hours so a fast answer would be highly appreciated.

Please do not tell me to buy the right handed version or any trolling of such. The nice thing is that he will give me a really good price for his guitar, and this is why i am considering this.

Thank you so much.
A new nut would be a given, but I think that should be all you should have to do besides reset the action and intonation. Should work fine.

I wouldn't want to play it though. the access to higher frets would be pretty bad if it was upside down.

(Invalid img)
Agreed. A new nut and setup. No reason to mess with pickups--aside from height adjustments---and the same for the bridge, which would only need addressed with intonation.

While Jimi Hendrix pulled off the right-to-left conversion, upper neck access, as stated, isn't going to be that great.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I see. Well, i'm not really the solo type myself, more of a chug chug guy. Why am I not buying a baritone guitar? I do not know for sure either xD So i do not think it should be that big of a problem.
So...besides the ugly aesthetic, knobs being up instead of down and the higher fret access problem, should I consider anything else?

P.S: does anyone know if ..IF. Im not saying Im doing it, just asking. If it is possible to create that higer fret acces posibilty by cutting the guitar's body, taking in consideration that it is a neck-through construction ?
You could, but with all these mods...and given the Hellraiser is a premium level guitar, to me, that seems like an awful lot of work. what sort of luthier skills do you have?

It sounds like a nice offer, but with all the work to get it up to your liking, which could kill any future resale value if you do create higher fret access, is it really worth your time? I like ERGs too, but I want what I buy to be something I can play. Wether that's off the shelf or a custom build, it has to be right-handed. I'm not getting any lefty axe because it's not designed with my qualifiers. The more work you put into it, the less of a deal it's going to be.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I do not really have any kind of luthier skills.

Well..i am not really sure what to do. I was planning to get myself an Ibanez RG9 this week at the price of 567$ brand new from my local store..but then my friend dropped this bomb.

Maybe if I'd just get the guitar for the pickups and replace them on the Iby, and then try selling the schecter with the quantum pickups or something like this.
I am just really confused right now to be honest

I mean..just the pickups alone are somewhere around 250$ right ? So a total of 350 $ for this shecter should be a pretty good deal.
If the deal were good enough, I'd be tempted to buy it as a memento of my friend and keep it as-is. At the very least, you'd be helping your friend out one last time.

Worst case scenario: you could always resell it at your leisure (and possibly at a profit if the price was low enough).
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!