Just thought I would stop in and say hey. I have been attempting to learn how play guitar for about 40 years. While I still really suck at it I do enjoy just noodling around and strumming some chords around the campfire. I play mostly Blues, Rock, and Rockabilly with a bit a Folk and Jazz. I play mostly clean with a it of crunch but shy away from the heavy distortion. For some reason I've never been a Strat man, I can only think of one that I ever owned and I bought because it was a twelve string. I tend to gravitate towards Hollow Bodies, LPs, SGs, and Tele's.

I sold off most of my 20+ guitars about ten years ago and just kept the Alvarez acoustic. It turns out that just the other day I traded an old .32 S&W Regulation Police revolver for an as new Ibanez AF75, that got my itch started up again and I have since gotten a Fender Amp and an Ibanez gax70 to use as a project guitar while looking for a nice Telecaster to replace my MIJ Tele I sold off those many years ago. It turns out MIJ fenders were collectable and pricing is just stupid on those things. I may as well just get a US one, and for some reason the geniuses at Fender have figured out if they drag a perfectly fine guitar behind a truck they can charge triple and strange thing is people actually buy them. PT Barnum was right.

So you may see my grumpy old ass spouting a bit of verbal diarrhea from time to time, but please take it easy on me, I'm old and set in my ways, and all these new fangeld computerized guitar doohickeys are a bit overwhelming at first.

take care
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Welcome here you aren't the only service member here, current or past, and you certainly aren't the only grumpy one!
My God, it's full of stars!