So after 15+ years I've decided to transition from my mediocre digital effects and dish out the cash to build a stomp box pedal board. I'm looking for a bit of versatility, as it will be used to play everything from newer hard rock, to Christian rock, blues, and country.

Basically, what I'm looking for is A) does my ordering make sense or can it be improved in any way; and B) are there any other suggestions for the pedals I am considering?

I've attached an image of my plans, and all pedals listed will be powered by a VooDoo Pedal Power 2 Plus. The M5 will be primarily used for oddball/rare effects and compression when needed and that's probably about it. The purpose of the other effects is pretty self explanatory.
Attachments:
PedalBoard.pdf
Last edited by DrOdie at Feb 14, 2017,
- wah usually goes first in the chain
- with the volume last you can't do volume swells with the delay
- I'd put the noise gate almost last
- I'd put delay after looper
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Not only that, because of the way they operate physically, you need to place volume and wah pedals towards the sides of your array. You'll need to have unobstructed access to them with most of your foot.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
DrOdie TBH I would sell your GCB-95 and look into either the GCB-95F or the Crybaby Mini (or a Modtone Vintage Wah). The GCB-95 has an awful bypassing which will "suck" your tone. The F, Mini, and the Modtone have true bypassing. I would put that first but it does not have to be first. I would probably move the volume pedal close to the front of the chain, or at most after the drive section (after the gate). Where you have the gate is fine, you do not want it after your delay or reverb or the gate may cut off the trails. I would have your looper last.

So: Tuner > Wah > Muff > OD > Gate > VP > M5 > DD500 > Looper > Amp

If you have an effects loop on your amp, I would suggest using it.

Tuner > Wah > Muff > OD > Gate > VP > Amp input. Amp Send > M5 > DD500 > Looper > Amp Return.
Agree with the previous comments about Wah first. I as well would put the looper at the end so it can capture the entire sound coming from your pedals.

I would suggest putting your volume pedal after your drive but before your delay, that way when you are doing volume swells you get all the drive you want but can gut out the initial attack from hitting the delay, if you have the volume pedal at the end of the chain you can't do that.
Hard and christian rock? I highly recommend the Fulltone OCD, if not that, one of the Full Drives (maybe the one where you can switch whether the boost comes before or after the OD). Those are some great and affordable pedals that is see on boards all the time. I sold my OCD and kinda regret it. But I really enjoy my Gigfix VOD.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
DrOdie

Apologies: my fat fingers accidentally deleted your attachment- the button to view and for me to delete it (as a mod) were side by side. Could you repost it?

In the meantime, some ODs to consider:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

lol no problem on the delete Dannyalcatraz, all fixed.

I really appreciate all the advice and pedal recommendations. Everything you all said made a lot of sense and there were some pedals named that I hadn't come across yet and will absolutely look into. Definitely changing the order of everything after this!

The only thing that I can't wrap my head around yet is the reasoning for putting the wah before distortion. I watched a guy on YouTube messing with this and the wah effect seemed more prominent at the end when he puts the distortion first (posted below). Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by DrOdie at Feb 14, 2017,
Wah placement is largely a matter of taste, precisely because it's prominence in the mix can vary greatly depending on its location in the chain. I've never seen it, but I wouldn't be surprised to find some guitarists with huge, complicated boards with multiple wahs, located in a variety of positions.