From my understanding, the Ibanez SR series from the 100 to the 300's use the B125 bridge. Starting with the 400's the B305 bridge is used, which I'm told is an upgrade over the 125, and better hardware isn't a bad thing. However, I'm ignorant on exactly why? At this point, I'm waiting for my tax return to drop and there is a 405 at the local GC, so that's moved up on my list. At this point, I'm just being nosy, because the SR or Yamaha T/RBX are all on my short list.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
The Accu-cast B125 and B305 bridges Ibanez used to make were apparently a flawed design where the ball-end retainers frequently cracked, bent and broke off from string tension. Ibanez did a recall of those bridges.

From Talkbass:
Hi everyone! Jay here from Ibanez. I just wanted to reach out and state that if any of you own a 5 or 6 string Soundgear (300-800 series) with the B125, B126, B305, or B306 bridges and you are experiencing this issue, please contact us atcustomerservice@hoshinousa.com with your model number and serial number, and we will determine if your bass qualifies for a replacement bridge.

The replacements are almost identical. When compared side-by-side, you will notice additional material reinforcing the retainer bars. Otherwise, they are identical.

I think the B20 and B25 bridges fixed this problem.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Interesting. Looking at current models, the B125/B305 are still being used on current stock. Or they haven't updated the website.

I'm seeing less issues on the Yamaha TRBX line
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Last edited by bjgrifter at Feb 13, 2017,