This post is spam. Delete it now.
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus Freak. There ain't no disguising the truth." - Jesus Freak (1995) by DC Talk
Last edited by PizzaSteve3902 at Feb 17, 2017,
Just my luck. I try to ask a decent question, but nobody answers it clearly...
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus Freak. There ain't no disguising the truth." - Jesus Freak (1995) by DC Talk
Quote by PizzaSteve3902
What part of "no" wasn't clear?
slapsymcdougal Your answer wasn't clear. I saw in a documentary that bionic limbs are gaining complexity fast, so one might be available within a decade or so.
You could just play with your feet, probably end up better than what you sound like now.

The question is not, will there be one.

It's whether or not you can afford one
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Shredwizard445 Everyone who has replied has said that I play horribly. Have you even heard me play?
Quote by PizzaSteve3902
slapsymcdougal Your answer wasn't clear. I saw in a documentary that bionic limbs are gaining complexity fast, so one might be available within a decade or so.
Of course it was clear.

The fact is, playing guitar is a complicated process involving sensory feedback and muscle memory, and only one of those is really being addressed in research, and it's still quite rudimentary. Even if, 10 years from now, you got a cutting edge 'bionic hand' from a leading developer, you'd be pretty close to having to relearn from scratch.
slapsymcdougal Let's say I lost the hand say 20 years from now, and there was a bionic hand avalible. I would not have to relearn anything.
slapsymcdougal In my experience, whenever I feel like something might happen, it seems like it happens. But I hope I will never even need a bionic hand anyway.
PizzaSteve3902

You're right, I haven't heard you and I have no criteria with which to base an assumption of your playing ability. You shouldn't give a shit about what anyone thinks of your playing. It's a hobby, it's something you do alone in your room or as an elective credit with your school.

Get a new amp, yours probably sucks.

Also, you're not a shred god who can play nearly any style of music, so I think you suck.

Anyone who thinks I suck is a cockfag who can go die.

And yes, if you got a new bionic "star wars" tech hand. You would either have to relearn everything or download the contents of your old hand to a drive, and program the new hand accordingly.

Maybe,

But maybe muscle memory and prehensile coordination is already stored in the brain and could act in a uniform sense with any external appendage given the dimensions to be exact.

This is also taking into question, is the bionic hand "perfect"? In that, it replicates the magnificence of the human hand down to a genetic coupling with the host. Are we talking about growing hands with accelerated growth conditions?

This thread is shit and deserves shitposting.

I love you all
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Ok, new question!

If technology advances enough for bionic hands that are practically indistinguishable from real human hands to be a thing, which of these applications will come first?
A) Helping people live a normal life again
B) Helping musicians play again
C) Handjobs for people who just want to pretend it's someone else doing it
C > A > B
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Play right handed instead. Use prosthetic for strumming. I believe there are quite a few people with only one hand that do this.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by PizzaSteve3902
slapsymcdougal Let's say I lost the hand say 20 years from now, and there was a bionic hand avalible. I would not have to relearn anything.
In 20 years there's a chance that they could simply grow you a new hand, depending on the rate of development

slapsy is right to shoot your question down though. we take for granted just how complex and finely tuned our bodies are.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah you could play some gnarly pirate slide metal with your new hook.
That and i've seen an enirely mechanical orchestra play beethoven. The mechanical part is not the problem. Its the brain connection.
Last edited by geo-rage at Feb 13, 2017,
Quote by PizzaSteve3902
I don't know exactly where this should go, but I have a question that I have wanted answered for a long time.

In a FanFiction I-
I'm gonna stop you right here. Please leave.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
OP can have two robot girlfriends in the future.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm gonna stop you right here. Please leave.

It's even worse considering he says "In a FanFiction I read" when he was the one who wrote it. He's actually advertising his fanfiction.

Quote by institutions
It's even worse considering he says "In a FanFiction I read" when he was the one who wrote it. He's actually advertising his fanfiction.

Do you think maybe Nick Wilde has had it rough?
Quote by institutions

LOL

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dude, if I lost my entire left hand... I don't think I would care about playing the guitar. I would just play the keyboard and use my stub on the pitch shifter and I would play nasty scales and arpeggios to make everyone else feel the feels.

I wouldn't feel very natural with a bionic nothing.
Quote by PizzaSteve3902
This is the pit, what'd you expect?
Quote by TROUnation
This is the pit, what'd you expect?
Apparently he expected people to read his fanfic.
Quote by institutions

I pasted the wrong link. Copying/Pasting is a bit tricky on my phone. Besides, this post was spam anyway.