Hey everyone!
Frequent reader, first time posting. Also I apologize in advance if you are tired of seeing these posts
Anywho, I've been looking to get a new guitar and I've run into a problem. The guitar I had originally planned to purchase was a ESP E-II HORIZON NT. Ever since I seen Tom Searle playing one I've wanted one. Really dig the look of them especially that tear shaped headstock. Then I see the pictures that Ibanez drops of the new RGAIX6U... Man is this guitar is sweet looking imo. Now I'm stuck choosing between the two. What makes the decision harder is the fact that I have no way of playing either guitar. I live in a rural town with one music shop that only carries Jacksons and whatever the locals can sell them. I know the ESP has a bridge that I'm use to playing, is the Ibanez going to be easy to get use to with its Gibraltar Standard II bridge or is it much of difference? I read Wired Guitarist's review of the seven string version of the RGAIX6U and they said the quality of the guitar surprised them:
"The fretwork was super clean and smooth, as was the neck joint. The bridge is super comfy and holds tuning very well with the help of the tuners. The electronics were really clean as well!"
I've read that the newer Iron Label guitars are better quality of build now than in the past.
Just looking for some general input. Thanks!
the iron labels are hit or miss. i wouldn't buy one without being able to try it or return it. The rgaix6u is a great value though. comes with great pickups.
the gib bridge is really comfy.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
the iron labels are hit or miss. i wouldn't buy one without being able to try it or return it. The rgaix6u is a great value though. comes with great pickups.
the gib bridge is really comfy.

I do plan on trying to make it to the city soon and at least try an Ibanez that has near the same specs(at least one with a gib bridge). That's really the only thing holding me back on the decision. The pickups are also what's pulling me towards the RGAIX6U.
Thanks for the input!