Im looking for an electric guitar. I went to some guitar shops and played and fell in love with the Gibson J-15.
I'ts on sale 1,100$ on my local store. In ebay and musiciansfriend the price is 1500$.

What do you about the J-15?
Is this guitar versatile?

The guitar i really fell in love with is the Gibson J-200 but its way expansive.
Would you say there is a similar sound between them? A similar wood?

if i liked the J-15, What other guitars should i try in this price range?

Thanks.
Never played a J-15. Just listened to Tony Polecaster play one and it sounds fine. Very woody!

For the record...Gibson is way overpriced, imo, so be careful.
You ask about similar guitars, but to my knowledge there is nothing else quite like a J-15. It's a handmade Gibson built from cheaper, more renewable woods than is typical of acoustics, especially high-end ones. It's like if a Michelin star chef made a classy meal in a top restaurant kitchen, but only used meat and produce from Wal-Mart.

I'm not knocking it; from what I can tell it's a nice instrument. My point is, if you really like it you're unlikely to find something similar somewhere else. It's pretty unique.
Death to Ovation haters!
But is it worth the money? The quality of the matirial? The sound?
What other guitar should i try?

I wanted to buy one that which cost 500$ or 700$ but than i heard the j-15. It sounded waaay better.

Thanks
I played on taylor big baby when i tried 500$ guitars ... i didn't like it. It had no bass. But i'll check those series
Last edited by motixlost at Feb 14, 2017,
Quote by motixlost
But is it worth the money? The quality of the matirial? The sound?
What other guitar should i try?

I wanted to buy one that which cost 500$ or 700$ but than i heard the j-15. It sounded waaay better.

Thanks

$1100 is a very good price for any hand-made Gibson, I'd say. If you like it, and that's in your price range, you're definitely not getting ripped off.
Death to Ovation haters!
Thanks guys for the help. I will check and see all these guitars you mentioned.

Would you say that the J-15 has similar sound to the J-200?
I really love the J-200 sound and it sold out and i cant compare.

Is there any guitar similar to J-200 in 1000$?
Epiphone has EJ 200
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/EJ-200SCE-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Vintage-Sunburst-1275761455074.gc
Epiphone also has AJ 45 that is an alternate to J15
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Masterbilt-AJ-45ME-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar.gc

However get that gibson if you have the money you will not regret it. If you go the Epiphone route get the AJ45.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Feb 21, 2017,