Hi there, I am checking for a multi effect let me to have different drum rhytms (with different speeds) and gives me the possibility to use it like a loop station.

I have a Guild Starfire VI and Hughes&Kettner Tubemeister 18W.

Do you think the Zoom G3XN will be the right choice?

Some other suggestions in the same price range?

Thank you
Last edited by Arroww at Feb 14, 2017,
The Zoom G3X is a great pedal (haven't tried the revised N version but assume it's an upgrade). It will certainly do what you want it to, and you'll struggle to find all those features for the same budget with anything else.

However, the looper & drum rhythms are pretty basic. You can do a tap tempo on them to change speeds, but you can't pre-programme a change of speed mid-song. I think you only get to record one looped track as well, but not 100% sure on that one.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
What about Boss multi effect for example ME-80?

And what about other brands?
kinda thinking that the abilities you want won't be available cheap. usually drum patterns can be looped but not changed. for that you'd likely need to preprogram it or have a midi controller do it.
I am an absolutely begineer, so I just would like to have different kind of drums types and even I'd like also "good" basic effects.

I read maybe the effects of Boss are less plastic than Zoom, is it true?

And can you suggest me some other model a part Zoom G3XN? The Boss ME-80 can do the same things (I know it cost something more) and it sounds better?

Something else no spending more than 350 euros?
The effects on the Zoom are just fine. I have the G3 on my pedalboard and it's great for modulations & delays etc. It's also got some great drives & amp sims for recording & headphone practice. It's overdrives etc aren't brilliant in front of an amp, but then you wouldn't expect greatness from a multi effects pedal there. I used to own the Boss ME-50 and definitely consider the Zoom to be a significant upgrade. The Boss was fine for what it was, but it didn't have nearly enough versatility for my needs.

Line 6 make some products which are just as good as the Zoom, but I don't think you'll find the features you want without spending a lot more money. Someone else will have to give details on specific models & prices though, I'm no expert.

The truth is, it depends what you want. If you want a tool to help you with practice, then the Zoom will give you everything you need. Given that you say you're an absolute beginner, I'd guess this is the best answer.

If you want a fully functional loop pedal that can provide multiple loops and all the features that go with it, you'll need to get a dedicated loop pedal. If you want a fully functional drum sequencer that can be programmed with full songs, you're best off using software on your PC. If you want effects that give you the best tone possible, you'll need to invest in a number of dedicated pedals. All of this will cost more than you're looking to spend.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud