Guys, please suggest as orange ppc 112 with (celestion v30) or laney irt212(normal hh custom speaker) or blackstar 408.

Quality vs quantity? I read some say more means bigger sounding instead of just one speaker.

Adios...
To me a 1x12 sounds small for rock and hard rock. A 4x12 is best, but very large. I settle on an oversized 2x12.

As far as speaker quality, once a speaker sounds like garbage then added more of them will just sound like louder garbage.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
What's your application - home, gigging, mic'd, etc?

A 212 with QUALITY speakers.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
well before we can really answer your ? what are we talking. are you paying shows or just home type stuff. stock speaker doesn't always mean "worse" so again it depends. I agree with 8Len8 that crap doesn't improve with more so there's that. "bigger" sound not really better sound dispersal is more like it. if you are micing you amp then it matters far less. with smaller cabs getting them off the ground will help with better sound dispersal.
I would go with the orange. good speaker good construction. I have two PPC212's and love them.

AFIK the black star cab is 4x8?if so, it's trash.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup I missed that about the 8" speakers in the BS. I agree, don't go with 8" speakers. 12" is more typically used and will likely get you the sound you want.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Orange PPC212CB. Great quality oversized 212.

IIRC they're pretty much their 412 cabinet chopped in half in terms of dimensions.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Unless you're cramped for space (or budget), I'd go with a good 212.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Hi guys, thanks all the way. I am just based in home not public show.

Ya problem is if orange ppc 211 will be too much price wise and overkill usage.

Guess will stick with orange ppc112 as others seem with crappy speakers.

Gracias and adios.

Ciao.
what amp are you using? specifically wattage. keep in mind that one vintage 30 only handle 60 watts a pop.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Two things:

Brand names on the front can be immaterial in terms of cabinet construction. Don't buy things that don't matter. And don't be misled that the cabinets (like Orange) with the "frame" on the front of the cabinet are built heavier duty than those without. Ain't so.

Cabinets that sound "bigger" usually do so only if you're within 6-8 feet of them. Open back cabinets often sound gorgeous depending on how close you are to walls, corners and floor, but on stage the open back does nothing for you. If you mike a 4x12 live, you're only going to hear from one speaker, usually miked close up wtihin an inch or two of the cone, through the PA. In short, it's 70-100lbs of wood and speaker magnets that function largely as stage decoration rather than as sound improvement.

The speakers inside are what really count.
Quote by Joe_Perry
Hi guys, thanks all the way. I am just based in home not public show.

Ya problem is if orange ppc 211 will be too much price wise and overkill usage.

Guess will stick with orange ppc112 as others seem with crappy speakers.

Gracias and adios.

Ciao.

There are some people that use 1x12s for their stage volume, pretty sure Petrucci switched to 1x12s because he liked how tight they sound. Most home players use 1x12 combos, nothing wrong with that!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs