I want opinions on something that came up for me.

I'm working a shitty job right now but it's stable. The pay isn't great but slightly better than most other jobs I had applied would have payed me. However, recently I have been asked to apply to another job which I know I'm under qualified but the pay is a lot better and it's over all a better job. I'm deciding on if I should stay here on my stable job or if I take the plunge and risk the new job which may or may not stick because of that being underqualified for it thing.

I need some outside perspective on this so I thought I would come to the pit for some reliable career advise .
Chances make champions you aint a champ stop lyin,
This more my hustlas get rich or die tryin
Quote by chrismendiola
Why would they hire you if they thought you were underqualified?

They don't, I do. I did my practice in a place and after I've been working where I am right now, that place that I did my practice in recommended me for that other job. But I think I'm underqualified because it's been a while since I've worked with the stuff I did my practice in.
Quote by VillainousLatin
They don't, I do. I did my practice in a place and after I've been working where I am right now, that place that I did my practice in recommended me for that other job. But I think I'm underqualified because it's been a while since I've worked with the stuff I did my practice in.

do you think you can do the job? confidence goes a long way especially at an interview. until you get hired at new job this is kind of a mote point. don't quit the other job until you are sure about new one. then put your best foot forward. if you don't think you can do the job then pass
Quote by StewieSwan
Well apply first and see if you even get it.

This.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Stay at your job for a while and keep things solid, meanwhile apply to the other job and see if things work out on that side. If they do, then politely quit and give notice at this job that you've found something more in-line with your skills and interest. Lots of people do this, just can't burn bridges.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank