A little over a month ago I bought a Roland/Boss Katana 100 amp. I really like it but (and this is a big but) in order to use this amp effectively in a live situation you need the Boss GA-FC foot controller. If you don't have it you can't change patches which is one of the major selling points of this amp. The problem is you can't currently buy this pedal. I ordered it along with the amp but was told there would be a delay as it was back ordered. OK so I said send me the amp and send the pedal asap. It's been more than a month so I started checking and looking at other vendors to see if they have the pedal. Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, Thomann Music, ZZ Sounds etc. No one has this pedal in stock. I wrote an email to Roland/Boss and here is my reply:

We are very sorry for any inconvenience and understand your frustration with the GA-FC not being available.
All GA-FC orders are currently on Back Order and are being manufactured.
They will arrive in late March and be available by April for sale.
Thanks for your patience.
Kind regards,
Roland Product Support

These Boss Katana amps have been on the market since last September as far as I know. Why would any manufacturer make a product where the accessory remote which is so vital to the amps live performance capabilities not have them ready to sell more than 6 months later. This is not an isolated case I'm sure. has anyone run into this issue with Roland/Boss products? I'm really at a loss.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Feb 15, 2017,
I haven't run into that issue myself (as I don't own a katana), but that would suck. I can understand completely why you're annoyed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tl;dr but generally if there's a page for a product that isn't available it's there to measure the demand for it
^ they sold him the first product and now the second part without which, according to Rickholly74 (but I see no reason to doubt him), the amp is kind of useless (or at least much less useful than it should be) isn't available. That's slightly different from what you're saying, IMO. They sold him the first item... sounds more like some kind of SNAFU in the development process...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It is quite probable they did not anticipate the high demand, and have been gearing up for additional production. Pre-judging the market is tough to do.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Also possible that they outsource the manufacturing of the pedal and one of their suppliers didn't keep up the production schedule. Quite easy to see how this happens if you outsource to some place overseas thousands of miles away.
dannyalcatraz

this. there may have been an issue that was found late just before or shortly after production was started. this happens more than you might think. pretty sure this product was rolled out in japan first and other parts of asia. as mentioned perhaps demand was greater as mentioned which put them behind for US shipments.
I don't see why a manufacturer should scrub a product from their site just because it's sold out or even "coming soon."

It sucks that you can't buy it but to me that doesn't have anything to do with Boss' website. It's a place for information on the products they make, not a yard sale. They don't even sell direct so dealers being out of stock is sort of the opposite of a problem where Boss is concerned.
More likely than not Roland/Boss discovered an issue with the foot switch. In which case it had to go through some additional R&D and production got put on hold till the problem was resolved. In which case the whole thing snowballs into a big clusterfuck of supply and demand. Aint the first time its happened to a company and wont be the last, Kinda the reason I don't buy the newest latest greatest thing on the market, Let them work the bugs out of it for awhile,