In trying to decide between 2 guitars. A fender jaguar special hh. The black and chrome cij one, or a PRS s2 singlecut. I've played both and they both sound fantastic and feel amazing. My question is for owners of either guitar. After owning for a while has there been an issues? Have you bonded with the guitar, why or why not? Which do you think will hold its value better? Any experiences with either guitar would be helpful. Thanks
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Feb 15, 2017,
I am also interested in this. I am wondering if my next guitar should be Fender or PRS.
Ahh boy! You can't really mess up going with either, it's just impossible. No wrong move here.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
the jag has a shorter scale length at 24", the prs is likely 25" so that may make a difference to you.

the sexy black jaguar would be tough to pass up though.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
As someone who has owned and played PRS SC and Custom 22 as well as a Strat for almost 20 years, I'll say this: I prefer PRS. But it's just that I like the tone I get and no other reason. If you like both equally, go with the one that looks cooler in the mirror and doesn't hurt your wallet as much. They are both great, they both have resale, and they will both serve you well. Why do I keep the Fender? Because there are songs that demand that sweet twang. Been thinking about going to a Tele Thinline '72 reissue though... Oooh, that Thinline. But that's outside your question.
I'm not sure if this is what you want to hear but to be honest, it's just up to your preference on their feels. I own that PRS and have played the Fender and they both are great, I find the PRS neck to be slightly thinner which is to my preference. Fender and PRS both make solid guitars so you really can't go wrong. As far as what would uphold it's value? I feel that both would do fine, although if you'd be into reselling I think that the fender would fare better there. It's a bit more recognizable.
I love the Jag, I've got one myself, can't picture ever getting rid of it. I had an S2 Mira, which was a great guitar, but I sold it to fund another Jaguar (a CIJ Thinline, also black). Jaguars aren't for everyone - aside from the scale, some don't care much for the switching configuration. Since you've played both, it's going to come down to what felt best to you. I've got a CE22 in my stable as well, which is a killer guitar, but I go for my Jags more frequently than my PRS.
OffsetOffset
I am more of a fender guy overall but I would go with the PRS. I am not a fan of the old Jaguar/Jazzmaster vibrato. Just more trouble keeping it in tune. The PRS has a bridge where you can't adjust the intonation on each string which should be fine unless you start using strings that have non standard guages then you might have issues with intonation. .I like the PRS also because it does not look like a case queen with bling but a nice tool for a guitar player.
Quote by Zhaezzy
I am more of a fender guy overall but I would go with the PRS. I am not a fan of the old Jaguar/Jazzmaster vibrato. Just more trouble keeping it in tune. The PRS has a bridge where you can't adjust the intonation on each string which should be fine unless you start using strings that have non standard guages then you might have issues with intonation. .I like the PRS also because it does not look like a case queen with bling but a nice tool for a guitar player.

The Jag he's looking at is a hard tail.
OffsetOffset