Wandering about a local bass store, I saw one of these in the racks. Didn't have time to play it but they have a built in amp and drum machine. So anyone actually played one of these? I am intrigued...They look rather ugly and the youtube videos make them sound a bit bright and trebly

Why Apache? It's a cool sounding name and then you get... that.

Edit: Crapache. It took me a day, but I got it.
Last edited by SovietStar at Feb 16, 2017,
Sorry, Tam. Bill Wyman with a similar Vox bass kind of poisoned me on the whole idea.

Just...ick! Seriously, ick!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
That was The " The Tear Drop" One The One We Are On About On Here Is Called " The Coffin" Its A Remake Of The best One a Phantom VI Special Played By Ian Curtis Of Joy Division 

These Apache's Are Good I Think As I Own One In Red They Are Classed As a Travel Bass Guitars And Sound Cool Tho A Big Amp .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vox-Phantom-VI-guitar-orig-from-Joy-Division-exhibition-identical-to-Ian-Curtis-/262341056184?rmvSB=true&hash=item3d14bed6b8%3Ag%3AhewAAOSwLVZVo9C1&nma=true&si=TwuCrmzQtHfCPWVUdoOOV8m4Yas%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Last edited by wezbash at Mar 10, 2017,
Negative.  The Vox Organ Guitar ruined that one, too.

The designers must not have known that LSD was illegal.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If I ever need to paddle a canoe to a gig, I know what bass to find.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer