Page 1 of 2
Should people let others know their feelings explicitly or is it just better to act off and be all vague and hope people understand why you're acting like this.

Also are there ever any excuses for bad manners?
The latter's like not sending your resume to a company but calling the manager at night like "I've just been feeling purposeless while unemployed, yknow?"
Hey what happened to the MGTOW thread you promised ?

Anyways, yeah I think people should talk about their feelings. If you keep things locked up inside you then you'll probably go insane or suffer from depression. This is why people make threads on forums, to share their feelings and thoughts. I don't think society can function if people aren't expressive (think protests.) I don't think its necessarily bad manners to not share your feelings, because there is a time a place for everything, but if a friend or family member seems genuinely interested in you then it's pretty rude to brush them off like a stranger.

In general, you can be a complete dick, vocal about your positions, and still be well mannered at the same time (think trump), so there's no excuse on the flip side.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Back in my day, men acted like MEN. Only GIRLS cry!

Damn snowflakes

Quote by MinterMan22
Back in my day, men acted like MEN. Only GIRLS cry!

Damn snowflakes
#

lol yes virtue signalling cucks

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
No. People who have feelings should just exile themselves from society and - especially - not ever write songs about them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
as long as it's constructive and not just a pity party
Check out my band Disturbed
If getting together with friends is like group therapy, then you're doing it* wrong.

'it' being life, friendship and generally everything
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
If getting together with friends is like group therapy, then you're doing it* wrong.

'it' being life, friendship and generally everything

maybe you're doing it wrong because of your generations outdated attitudes towards mental health
Quote by EndTheRapture51
maybe you're doing it wrong because of your generations outdated attitudes towards mental health
Nah, pretty sure if you meet your friends and it's like a scene from Some Kind Of Monster, you've failed at life.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Nah, pretty sure if you meet your friends and it's like a scene from Some Kind Of Monster, you've failed at life.

Slapsy misrepresenting and exaggerating a situation for comic effect? What a surprise.

Either way, it explains why you're so grumpy all of the time. It's okay to talk about your shit life to us slapsy, it make even make you feel a bit better. Come have a hug.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Slapsy misrepresenting and exaggerating a situation for comic effect? What a surprise.

Either way, it explains why you're so grumpy all of the time. It's okay to talk about your shit life to us slapsy, it make even make you feel a bit better. Come have a hug.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Only to a loved one I believe, not a friend or coworker. Bad manners can be excused depending that specific persons situation.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Get back in your safe space, fam
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
It's probably better to just say things explicitly but I like to be vague about feelings because I hate them and find them annoying and it's fun to be vague and mysterious.

Bad manners are acceptable when dealing with rude people. I see no reason to behave well towards people who aren't behaving well.
I have nothing important to say
you're such an emo lyle
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
I'm totally in favor of discussing feelings explicitly. It's hard for me to do it with people I'm not close to but it can clear up misunderstandings much faster than just assuming how the other person feels.

Eg: I thought my best friend was ignoring me for a year but she was going through a tough time. Now I'm in a similar situation and I knew it would be better to reach out to her to just let her know I still care about her even though I'm being distant. Another one: thought I made my coworker mad at me so I was uncertain about things for a week but she was also going through some horrible stuff and we had a heart to heart yesterday and it actually helped both of us.

That being said, I love being passive aggressive to people who are being shitty on purpose (not just regular levels of shitty) because it doesn't take any effort on my part and I can still be nice to them so I'm not actively doing anything bad.

Bad manners can be excused on occasion but in general no. I just don't understand why you would go out of your way to be rude.
cat
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Should people let others know their feelings explicitly or is it just better to act off and be all vague and hope people understand why you're acting like this.

This is clearly about that post you made in the chat thread, isn't it?

Yes, it's better to be direct about something if it's going to affect others, but it's not always easy to keep level headed. So, as a good friend, the best thing you can do is be understanding and tell them you'll wait until they've cooled off. They probably won't just leave you forever, like I'm sure you're worried about. If they do though then were they really that good of a friend to begin with?

Context aside, it's important that you're honest with yourself, so acting like everything is always okay isn't exactly healthy.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 16, 2017,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
This is clearly about that post you made in the chat thread, isn't it?

Yes, it's better to be direct about something if it's going to affect others, but it's not always easy to keep level headed. So, as a good friend, the best thing you can do is be understanding and tell them you'll wait until they've cooled off. They probably won't just leave you forever, like I'm sure you're worried about. If they do though then were they really that good of a friend to begin with?

Context aside, it's important that you're honest with yourself, so acting like everything is always okay isn't exactly healthy.

I was also thinking about how sometimes people can be moody at work and based on how they treat you, you might think it's because you're doing work wrong or something so it affects you, but also they might just be under a lot of stress. I don't particularly want to know why they're under stress cos it's none of my business but I think it's just being a good co-worker to know that it's not your performance that is making them like this and it's just a more general thing.
Im pretty blunt with my feelings tee bee haitch
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Nah bottle that shit up and wait for it to burst out
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
No. There are no excuses for bad manners, seriously. Most people like to use the anonymity of The Internet to protect themselves from acting socially appropriately. Talking about your feelings only makes you a target. May as well paint a bullseye on your guitar.

Internet forums can be the equivalent of road rage. People scream and yell, because they know they are in a protective bubble. I look at my responses and posts as if I was looking the person in the eye. Would I say this in person? If not, then I keep my mouth shut or change my wording to be appropriate.
ill channel my dick in ur mum

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Feelings are like guts...best left on the inside.
Everyone can express their feelings except OP, who should keep his purty lil mouth shut at all times.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by Dreadnought
People should talk about my feelings

OK,
Dread is an angry young man who still feels like a small child in his mind.
He is very sad but takes that sadness out on others in the form of either violence or acts of a sexual nature, sometimes both at the same time.

Should people talk about their feelings?
Yes, if the time, place and people they are expressing those feelings to are the right people, etc.
I do, but I have only 2 maybe 3 people that I will talk to about that.
I held them in for years and I was always pissed off.
No one cares about your feelings except maybe your family. The earlier you realize that the better
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by ballajoe010
EndTheRapture51 the girl in your pic hot af, who is she?

Lyndsey Gunnulfsen
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by ballajoe010
EndTheRapture51 the girl in your pic hot af, who is she?
It's EndTheRapture51

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2