Hey there, I have a problem with my guitar strap as well as my brain.

I don't actually know how to tighten a guitar strap, I think mine might be broken but I'm not even sure. Can anyone direct me to a simpletons tutorial? I tried looking youtube myself and most of the videos I came across were shit.
Thanks

Here's a pic

http://imgur.com/a/JGdgp
Dude, what? Yeah, move the plastic square ring, and thats it. How have you never come across a system like this in your life, its pretty much on everything with a strap?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
^ I guess I'm not as used to strap-on "accessories" as you are...

I definitely got confused when I first got guitars and straps and I still have to mentally think it through before I do anything with it. I guess some people are more used to mechanical stuff than others. It's very easy to get confused if you have no experience with the thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Will Lane
See the black square ring on the right? Move that up the other end of the strap.

When I move it it just slips back to the loosest position afterwards.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ I guess I'm not as used to strap-on "accessories" as you are...

I definitely got confused when I first got guitars and straps and I still have to mentally think it through before I do anything with it. I guess some people are more used to mechanical stuff than others. It's very easy to get confused if you have no experience with the thing.

Strap on accessories? Oh Please don't get me started!

Quote by Stupidguitarfac

OK kid your really pushing it here, Just quit while your ahead
Quote by nastytroll

OK kid your really pushing it here, Just quit while your ahead

What are you talking about?
Quote by Stupidguitarfac
What are you talking about?

dirty joke if you don't know then just type in "strap on" into a search engine.
Quote by monwobobbo
dirty joke if you don't know then just type in "strap on" into a search engine.

Uhhh... he was the one who made the first strap on joke... what nastytroll said confused the hell out of me too.

Anyways, it seems like the plastic might have a crack in it somewhere, or else the cross piece in the middle is broken out of it.
I recommend doing what I wrote in your last thread that got locked...

Use scissors, cut to your length and staple it back together. If your strap won't hold then its a dud, ok to modify.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Quote by nastytroll

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Stupidguitarfac
Friend, if you are earnestly having trouble please go ask someone else for help. We get a lot of trolls around here who make silly comments to make us mad, so disregard any sarcasm if you're earnestly in need of help.

If you're a troll, then please no.