|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-2-----------3-2-2---------------------------------------------------|
|-0---3/6--5--1-0-0-3/6-5-6-8-----------------------------------------|x2

1 Does 3/6 mean play the 3rd note on the 6th string then slide to 6(and do not pick) or slide to 6 and play it?

In instances there is a / like |E -----3------4-5-6-----4/----|
2 Does this mean I slide to the next bar?

|E -----3////--------|
3 Does this mean slide down the neck to the sound desired?

Thank you
This is one of the disadvantages of text tabs, it's not easy to differentiate between types of slides.
Quote by ballajoe010
1 Does 3/6 mean play the 3rd note on the 6th string then slide to 6(and do not pick) or slide to 6 and play it?

It could mean either, a legato slide (play the 3rd note on the 6th string then slide to 6 and do not pick), or slide to 6 and play it, written as "Slide into from below" in the Tablature Guide. The 3 could be a grace note, the note that you're supposed to start the slide into 6 from, or it could be picked separately and then you pick again as you slide up into 6. What is the song? That'll help to tell.

In instances there is a / like |E -----3------4-5-6-----4/----|
2 Does this mean I slide to the next bar?

It could be, if it's a "shift slide", then it would be the slide that's caused by you changing position as you move to the next bar. Or it could be "Slide out upwards", which basically means a long slide up the neck.

|E -----3////--------|3 Does this mean slide down the neck to the sound desired?
Thank you

Not sure what this is supposed to be, if it's a slide then it would be up the neck, that means towards the bridge of the guitar, where the notes get higher. Or they could be trying to indicate a long continous slide up as I mentioned for point 2.
The second bar starts at 0:26 it sort of sounds like the 6 was not played and that inspired me to make this thread

Do you have a link to where I can download images of scale tabs? CAGED +BF just major and minor of chromatic. I can do it myself but mannnn that seems like work. I'd have to create a tab sheet thingy then put in all the numbers using the W H H W HHH W formula, thats legit like couple hours of non practical work T.T
Yes, it's a legato slide. It doesn't stay very long on the 3 before sliding to 6 (without picking!)
Like this :

NSpen1 Thank you, this is in consideration now I think I may have came across other songs where I felt as though the note I slide to was not supposed to be played
ballajoe010
No idea on the scale tabs to be honest. I never even heard of CAGED before I came to this site You can probably google major scale tabs or patterns, etc and find something as quickly as I could.

btw it's not the second bar, it's the second riff in the tab. The first riff lasts for 8 bars, and the second riff lasts for 4 bars.
(And write "the note I slide to was not supposed to be picked", rather than played to be more accurate.)
Quote by NSpen1
ballajoe010
I never even heard of CAGED before I came to this site

To be honest, I have no idea why I said CAGED instead of ABCDEF scales. The minor scales I assume are more important, I'm going to look those up first maybe, I probably won't be using major scales in rock/metal
Yep, you're going to be using more minor scales, but worth learning major as well.
Quote by ballajoe010
The second bar starts at 0:26 it sort of sounds like the 6 was not played and that inspired me to make this thread

Do you have a link to where I can download images of scale tabs? CAGED +BF just major and minor of chromatic. I can do it myself but mannnn that seems like work. I'd have to create a tab sheet thingy then put in all the numbers using the W H H W HHH W formula, thats legit like couple hours of non practical work T.T

You won't really find tabs of scales because a scale in of itself isn't something you play...it's not a song or an exercise. They're just a collection of notes that work well together both melodically and harmonically. You'll find scale diagrams for the patterns on the fretboard but not tabs because the point of a tab is to tell you how to play something, whereas a scale is just a tool...it's kind of up to you what you do with the notes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
This is a skill you sort of pick up on as you play more.. It can be hard as a beginner, but when it comes to reading off tabs try and use your ear to hear for little nuances like if you slide then pick or slide and don't pick. Try different options and see what sounds right to you. This is especially helpful when it comes to reading off tabs which are incorrect. Many many times I have used a tab and found things such as sliding to notes as being wrong.
For that song it sounds like it's a slide and no pick. It's only my first time hearing this song though and i haven't tried playing it myself.
Best of luck
steven seagull
Hey, I wanted the scales for a technique drill in the meantime that I can use to practice with instead of songs that I can set the challenging bar on because some songs are easier than others. Gtg I swear job searching is bs where I live