Page 1 of 3
I've been playing the guitar for 5 months now, I started a 21 day challenge, someone told me that this tab was too easy(which is true, but still good for the sake of the experiment);
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/cradle_of_filth/nymphetamine_ver9_tab.htm

Since this tab is too easy, anyone have any ideas of a tab that I can use that is very difficult for me? I can play at speeds up to 250bpm
For intermediate players only
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I love cradle of filth, but their songs are piss easy
try some technical death metal / tech deathcore

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/the_faceless/an_autopsy_tab.htm

this is the first faceless song i learned, a little challenging, but still pretty intermediate.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/the_faceless/planetary_duality_hideous_revelation_tab.htm
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Feb 17, 2017,
why the fuck has ug stopped auto hyperlinks
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
why the fuck has ug stopped auto hyperlinks

#Innovation
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
any of my 200 tabs idc literally shameless self promotion
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
A lot of people here don't realize its relative to 5 months of playing and not years.
I'm probably going to go with something from Evanescence
I'm more into this sound, this is more difficult that nymphetamine

Korn is also dark and gloomy but I don't have a 7 string and most of their songs are tabbed for 7 string
personally, I think you're thinking too black and white about it. I certainly didn't keep track of how many beats per minute I could play when I started, or at any point in time for that matter. I just played what I wanted and found a natural interest in playing things that were harder, by my own standards.

though i guess if you're looking for a challenge, its a little more understandable. but that's also probably why you're getting the replies you're getting, as well as just pressuring yourself more than necessary. We have no idea what's challenging to you by your standards, and having played the guitar for 5 months and posting a song or two isn't enough info alone. not to mention personal taste. That can have an impact on patience with learning the song.
-----I've been practising for 5 months -----
I just noticed that is in Drop C, that most likely will be it, I'll continue to learn nymphetamine over the next 2 or 4 days and probably the only one, or I need to go bigger?

I'm willing to use a tab from someone but everyone is being facetious and giving tabs of songs that are for players advanced past intermediate
-----I've been practising for 5 months -----
Not to add any more SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION or anything but my best guess is you're probably around the same level as I was when I first started tabbing, so naturally, I'll propose you learn the first song I ever tabbed:

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/before_their_eyes/the_things_we_stood_against_tab_837641id_16062009date.htm

if the lead is too much for you right now then you can stick to the rhythm (Guitar 2) for now. it still uses various techniques that aren't outside the scope of a beginner/intermediate guitar player, but may also be considered challenging.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 18, 2017,
Joshua Garcia

Yea, the songs that were listed were headache fuel. I like heavy metal and all but I like melodic things as well. Korn, Flyleaf, Slayer

This seems just near the edges of comfortable and uncomfortable to learn. Come to think about I'm probably scared to fail by not learning the song well enough in 21 days despite how far I couldve come
Joshua Garcia

I like the song, its difficult yet doesn't seem too impossible due to length. I forgot to mention btw, the reason those tabs were impossible to me is the length, not actually being able to play it, my rate of memorizing tabs is noticeably increasing.
all that matters is that you're not pressuring yourself more than necessary, because that may just backfire.
Savatage is always good fun....cheesy 80's metal, but it's good stuff. These were the first real metal songs I actually could play back when I started
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
i_lovemetallica

Riff 2 (23"):
e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------2---------------------------------12--10--10--9--9--10--9---------|
D|--------2-----------------5-----------------------------------------------|
A|--------0-----------------5---------------10---8---8--7--7---8--7---------|
E|--------------------------3-----------------------------------------------|
^^^^^^ Is this called string skipping, where the string in between doesn't produce a thump sound from being muted?

This part of the tab stands out the most, I haven't really researched on string skipping yet, just heard about it several times. I am compiling some technique drills from the hardest part of the songs I'm learning and this bar may be a good example for string skipping
ballajoe010
It's not realllly string skipping, best example of a string skipping exercise is the intro to Sweet Child O Mine.

That's just more about proper muting. Personally, when I play that song and songs with similar parts, I generally hold the pick normally, and use the pick to play the root, and then my middle finger to play the harmony at the same time. If your hands are still a bit stiff, it can take a bit to get used to doing it, but if you can simultaneously use a pick and also fingers, it will open up heaps of options for you.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
That particular section is called an octave. They're fairly easy to play, but there's a big difference between playing a mute note and string skipping.

That example is not actually string skipping, that's called playing a mute note. Technically, there should be an 'x' on the D string there. So when you strum, you strum through all 3 strings, but don't produce a note on the middle string (D, in this case).

Whereas if you were string skipping, you would only play the two. Which, for octaves, would only be achievable through finger picking, but you don't have to worry about that until later.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 18, 2017,
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
[Glenn's Solo]

e|-----------------14h17p14------14h17-17p14------X/X-14h17-17p14-----------|
B|----14---------14----------14-------------14-------------------15---------|
G|--14--14-14--14--------------14-------------14----------------------------|
D|16---------16------------16-------------------X------------------12-12-11-|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
D|11--12-11----12--11------9--------|--11\\/\/\/\/\/\--------0(dive w/ bar)-|
A|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|
B|14(w/bar up 1/2)-(14)-14(w/bar up 1/2)-(14)--12-|-14\/\/--14\/\/------------------|
G|------------------------------------------------|----------------+6-4(dive w/bar)-|
D|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|

e|---------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------|-2------------3-------------------------------|
G|2-----4------2---------------2-4-|---------------------------4---------2-----1--|
D|--4-4---4-4----4-4-4-2-3-4-------|-----4---4---------4---4-----4---4----4-----4-|
A|---------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|

scratch slide up
e|----------------------------------------|-------------------------------X/X/X--17(up&down1/2)|
B|-------------+2----+2-------------------|2-----3------------2--(3--2-------------------------|
G|2-----+4--------------------------2---4-|-------------2--4------------4)---------------------|
D|--4-4----4-4---4-4----4--3--4--2--------|--4-4---4-4-----------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------|

dips w/bar -1
e|--17(up 1/2)\/\---14--17--14\/\/\--(14)------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------14-|
G|-------------------------------------------------14------|
D|-------------------------------------------16------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------|

dips w/bar -1
e|-14-----------14----------------14-----------14---------------12\/-12\/-12\/------------|
B|-17(up full)--17(up full)---14--17(up full)--17(up full)--14------------------17------/-|
G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------11/---|
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------12--12--------------14--14--------------14--14--------------14--14-|
B|---------14-----12-----------12-/-14-------------12-/-14-------------17(up full)--------|
G|--/14-------14--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--19--19--14--19--19--14------------------------------------/|
G|--------------------------18--18--14----18--14------------/--|
D|-----------------------------------------------16\/\--16/----|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------21/\/--21(up 1&1/2)-|-21(up full)--21---19-(19)\-----------------------------|
B|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
D|-11/\/--11/-----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------(16-----17)---------------------------------------------------16(T)-|
B|-----16-17-19-16-17-19-------------(21---19---17)-(19--17--16--(16----19)--(17--16)----------|
G|-18-------------------------------------------------------------------18)------------18------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|(9--16(T)/(21(T)-14-16-14)-(16(T)-9-16(T))-/--21(T)--14-16-16(T)-----------(16-19-16)---------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------17-----------17------|
G|----------------------------------------------------------------18\----18----------------16/\/|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------18-----------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------16-------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|21(up 1&1/2)/\/\--21/\/\/\-|-19(up full)-(19)-16----------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------|------0-----------------------17----------------------------------|
G|---------------------------|--------------------------------------18----13--------------------|
D|---------------------------|-------------------------------------------------14----13\--------|
A|---------------------------|------------------------------------------------------------\--7--|
E|---------------------------|------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------14-14-16-16-18-18|
A|6----------------7-9/11---9---11/16----16------------------|
E|--9-7-7-9-9-7-9--------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------17------------------------------19-14-19-14-16-19-19-20-21-19--|
B|--------------------------17-19--19-19-20-20-19-19-19-19-19-19--------------------------------|
G|--------------------16-18---------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|(17-16)----16-17-18---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------19------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------(14-17)-(21(T)-17-14)---------------------------(14-17)(21(T)-17-14)-------------|
B|(14-17)-21(T)----------------------(21(T)-17-14)-(14-17)-21(T)--------------------(21(T)17-14)-|
G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------|-11(up full)-9---11----9--11--12--11--11--9|
D|-----------11-14-(18(T)-14-11)-----------------------|---------------11---11---------------------|
A|11-14-18(T)-------------------(18(T)-14-11)----------|-------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------9/\/-9/\-|-------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------|21/\--21/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/--21/\/\/\/\/\/---21(up 1&1/2)/\/\/\/\/\/\---|
B|+9---9---+9---------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---9-----9---9-8--8/\-8/\-|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|21(-1/2--+1/2)--21-1/2--+1/2)---21(+2 1/2 w/bar)/\-21(+1&1/2)/\-21(+1&1/2)/\-21/\-X-\-------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------4/11/9/17|
G|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(X)-4/11/9/17|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|20/\/\-21(+1&1/2)---(21)--||--------------------16/\/\//\/\/--------------------------|
B|-------21(+1&1/2)---(21)--||----------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------||----------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------||----------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------||-14(+1/2)-(14)--\-----------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------||----------------------------------------------------------|

e|------------19\---------19-\-16/\/--|---------------------|---------------------------|
B|------------------/-16--------------|---------------------|---------------------------|
G|-/-16-------------------------------|---------------------|--4/\/\---------4/\/\/\/---|
D|------------------------------------|---------------------|---------------------------|
A|------------------------------------|---------------------|---------------------------|
E|------------------------------------|---------------------|---------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------4(dive w/bar)-----------------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------/-----------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------/------------------------------------------------------|
D|--1----------2-----------1----1-/------(rise gradually w/bar)--------------------------|
A|--------------------4------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------(4--6--7)----|

e|--------6(tap w/pick above fret)----------6--------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------------------------(6-8)-6---------------6--(6--8--9)--|
D|--------------------------------------------(4-6-8)--------(9-8)-(6-8-9)---------------|
A|(4-6--7-----6-----4--------------(4--6-7)----------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------7----------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------16-16-(19-21)-|
B|---------------------------------16-(16-17-19)---------------|
G|---------------------(16-18-20)------------------------------|
D|(9-11-13)-(16-18-20)-----------------------------------------|

e|----------------(19-21)-----------------19-21(+full)-|
B|(21-19-21-19-21)-------(21-19-21-19-21)--------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------|

Do this
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Confused about a few things here.

Why do you think you can play something considered "difficult" if you only have 5 months of practice?

When you say you can play speeds of 250bpm, are we talking 8th notes? 16th notes? Alternate picking? Down picking?

Why 19 bars? 19 bars is such a weird number...

Also I don't buy that you can play anything at 250bpm if the "most bars" you have ever learned was Iron Man.
Chopin - Little Dog Waltz
Trying any non-guitar jazz or classical songs on the guitar is a fun challenge. Go for it
you wanted something hard so we gave you something hard
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by slapsymcdougal
[Glenn's Solo]

e|-----------------14h17p14------14h17-17p14------X/X-14h17-17p14-----------|
B|----14---------14----------14-------------14-------------------15---------|
G|--14--14-14--14--------------14-------------14----------------------------|
D|16---------16------------16-------------------X------------------12-12-11-|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
B|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
D|11--12-11----12--11------9--------|--11\\/\/\/\/\/\--------0(dive w/ bar)-|
A|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------|---------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|
B|14(w/bar up 1/2)-(14)-14(w/bar up 1/2)-(14)--12-|-14\/\/--14\/\/------------------|
G|------------------------------------------------|----------------+6-4(dive w/bar)-|
D|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------|

e|---------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------|-2------------3-------------------------------|
G|2-----4------2---------------2-4-|---------------------------4---------2-----1--|
D|--4-4---4-4----4-4-4-2-3-4-------|-----4---4---------4---4-----4---4----4-----4-|
A|---------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------|----------------------------------------------|

scratch slide up
e|----------------------------------------|-------------------------------X/X/X--17(up&down1/2)|
B|-------------+2----+2-------------------|2-----3------------2--(3--2-------------------------|
G|2-----+4--------------------------2---4-|-------------2--4------------4)---------------------|
D|--4-4----4-4---4-4----4--3--4--2--------|--4-4---4-4-----------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------|

dips w/bar -1
e|--17(up 1/2)\/\---14--17--14\/\/\--(14)------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------14-|
G|-------------------------------------------------14------|
D|-------------------------------------------16------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------|

dips w/bar -1
e|-14-----------14----------------14-----------14---------------12\/-12\/-12\/------------|
B|-17(up full)--17(up full)---14--17(up full)--17(up full)--14------------------17------/-|
G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------11/---|

e|---------------------12--12--------------14--14--------------14--14--------------14--14-|
B|---------14-----12-----------12-/-14-------------12-/-14-------------17(up full)--------|
G|--/14-------14--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--19--19--14--19--19--14------------------------------------/|
G|--------------------------18--18--14----18--14------------/--|
D|-----------------------------------------------16\/\--16/----|

e|--------------21/\/--21(up 1&1/2)-|-21(up full)--21---19-(19)\-----------------------------|
B|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
G|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
D|-11/\/--11/-----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
A|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------(16-----17)---------------------------------------------------16(T)-|
B|-----16-17-19-16-17-19-------------(21---19---17)-(19--17--16--(16----19)--(17--16)----------|
G|-18-------------------------------------------------------------------18)------------18------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|(9--16(T)/(21(T)-14-16-14)-(16(T)-9-16(T))-/--21(T)--14-16-16(T)-----------(16-19-16)---------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------17-----------17------|
G|----------------------------------------------------------------18\----18----------------16/\/|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------18-----------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------16-------------------------|

e|21(up 1&1/2)/\/\--21/\/\/\-|-19(up full)-(19)-16----------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------|------0-----------------------17----------------------------------|
G|---------------------------|--------------------------------------18----13--------------------|
D|---------------------------|-------------------------------------------------14----13\--------|
A|---------------------------|------------------------------------------------------------\--7--|
E|---------------------------|------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------14-14-16-16-18-18|
A|6----------------7-9/11---9---11/16----16------------------|
E|--9-7-7-9-9-7-9--------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------17------------------------------19-14-19-14-16-19-19-20-21-19--|
B|--------------------------17-19--19-19-20-20-19-19-19-19-19-19--------------------------------|
G|--------------------16-18---------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|(17-16)----16-17-18---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------19------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|--------------(14-17)-(21(T)-17-14)---------------------------(14-17)(21(T)-17-14)-------------|
B|(14-17)-21(T)----------------------(21(T)-17-14)-(14-17)-21(T)--------------------(21(T)17-14)-|
G|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------|-11(up full)-9---11----9--11--12--11--11--9|
D|-----------11-14-(18(T)-14-11)-----------------------|---------------11---11---------------------|
A|11-14-18(T)-------------------(18(T)-14-11)----------|-------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------9/\/-9/\-|-------------------------------------------|

e|--------------------------|21/\--21/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/--21/\/\/\/\/\/---21(up 1&1/2)/\/\/\/\/\/\---|
B|+9---9---+9---------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---9-----9---9-8--8/\-8/\-|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|21(-1/2--+1/2)--21-1/2--+1/2)---21(+2 1/2 w/bar)/\-21(+1&1/2)/\-21(+1&1/2)/\-21/\-X-\-------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------4/11/9/17|
G|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(X)-4/11/9/17|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|20/\/\-21(+1&1/2)---(21)--||--------------------16/\/\//\/\/--------------------------|
B|-------21(+1&1/2)---(21)--||----------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------||----------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------||----------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------||-14(+1/2)-(14)--\-----------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------||----------------------------------------------------------|

e|------------19\---------19-\-16/\/--|---------------------|---------------------------|
B|------------------/-16--------------|---------------------|---------------------------|
G|-/-16-------------------------------|---------------------|--4/\/\---------4/\/\/\/---|
D|------------------------------------|---------------------|---------------------------|
A|------------------------------------|---------------------|---------------------------|
E|------------------------------------|---------------------|---------------------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------4(dive w/bar)-----------------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------/-----------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------/------------------------------------------------------|
D|--1----------2-----------1----1-/------(rise gradually w/bar)--------------------------|
A|--------------------4------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------(4--6--7)----|

e|--------6(tap w/pick above fret)----------6--------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------------------------(6-8)-6---------------6--(6--8--9)--|
D|--------------------------------------------(4-6-8)--------(9-8)-(6-8-9)---------------|
A|(4-6--7-----6-----4--------------(4--6-7)----------------------------------------------|
E|----------------------------7----------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------16-16-(19-21)-|
B|---------------------------------16-(16-17-19)---------------|
G|---------------------(16-18-20)------------------------------|
D|(9-11-13)-(16-18-20)-----------------------------------------|

e|----------------(19-21)-----------------19-21(+full)-|
B|(21-19-21-19-21)-------(21-19-21-19-21)--------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------------------------------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------|

Do this
Is that Painkiller? Jesus I haven't heard that in like ten years.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Random3 Iron Man was about 3 weeks ago, I'm talking single/half notes and different strings, sounds crapish but legit(Mostly everything I play over 150bpm has a slight 'rest' between notes, I'm not sure if non-musicians can hear it though).

This should be 240bpm+ if I calculated it correctly;
bpm = (60/t)*n
so 60/3.8(total time of piece) * 15(notes) = 237
3.8 intro repeated 10x and the verse starts at 0:38

I freaked out when I was able to do it 10x in a row yesterday because I remember in December it was nearly impossible to play at half speed
Quote by Random3
Confused about a few things here.

1 Why do you think you can play something considered "difficult" if you only have 5 months of practice?

2 When you say you can play speeds of 250bpm, are we talking 8th notes? 16th notes? Alternate picking? Down picking?

3 Why 19 bars? 19 bars is such a weird number...

4 Also I don't buy that you can play anything at 250bpm if the "most bars" you have ever learned was Iron Man.

1 Difficult relative to me of course, didn't thought I need to say relative to me, I'd pick a song but I don't really know whats out there thats difficult but short in length, its possible I might just split the song in half maybe because usually more difficult songs have more unique bars

3 The song I'm learning now has 19 bars, I really should've said 6 'unique' bars/riffs
I just realized something, that intro riff is 'technically' over 260bpm if you think about it, the beginning of the bar is slower that the mid/end so even though it averages out to ~240 the other parts actually a bit faster

PS. Sadly I'm doing this with mostly all down picks, I started alternate picking about a month ago but its still slower than all down picks and sweep picking last week from a tab I got from watching Dethklok. The part with the D5 5, G 7 I sweep pick if I remember to
Last edited by ballajoe010 at Feb 18, 2017,
I can't listen to that song right now but I can say with 99% confidence that Evanescence do not have any songs anywhere near 250bpm.

Honestly here I would just suggest learning the solo for Iron Man. You can play the rest of the song and the solo isn't difficult.
Random3 I literally just posted not just logical but factual info proving that its near exactly 237bpm on average per bar of the intro riff, either way it doesn't matter because I can play it with little effort today
Quote by ballajoe010
slapsymcdougal
It has to be less than 19 bars, the most bars I've ever learnt was... Iron man lol(without the solo), also it needs to be a lot of repeated riffs, not 19 completely different bars

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/evanescence/the_only_one_ver4_tab.htm
Somehow I learnt this in 25mins up to 3:52, I didn't realize it wasn't that bad at all until I tried it
That's just the first solo.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Random3 There are no quarter notes, I've answered this already. They're all single and half. But ""either way"", it doesn't matter because I can play over 250bp in drills. Talk is cheap, I can easily upload a video by tonight of myself cleanly doing drills over 250bpm, standing. I'm not going to make a statement I'll regret being called out for
Page 1 of 3