Hey I have a ESP ltd 401 guitar with EMG pickups.. Bought it many years ago when I was into metal music.. Now I've fallen out of love with these pickups however it is still a beautiful guitar. Anyone know if there are active pickups out there that are maybe a little more dynamic or more suited towards blues style? Or are pretty much all active pickups high gain?
While I personally prefer passive, active pickups were initially designed for jazz players. Guys like Knopfler, Gilmour and SRV have all used active pickups, too.

Drop EMG an email about which of their current product line would work best for you.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The 57/66 combo is a lot more dynamic and "organic" than the 81/85. So you can try that.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
60X Neck 85X Bridge 89X if you want coil split.

They also do one that is a single coil in a humbucker housing that may be worth a look, can't remember the name though.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Duncan duality pickups look / sound pretty interesting... alnico 2 magnets... should be a direct swap for the emgs if they have the quick connect...
you could try the 18v mod. practically free.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Genocyber666
Duncan duality pickups look / sound pretty interesting... alnico 2 magnets... should be a direct swap for the emgs if they have the quick connect...

They do.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Gary Moore used to run EMG's in his Strat, sounded incredible

That said Seymour Duncan just released a line of Active/Passive hybrid pickups, their marketting angle is that it gives you the best of both worlds. http://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/duality-bridge. Worth a look at least.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V