Does anyone know how much mg of caffeine in 10grams of instant coffee??

It's approx 40mg per 100g of coffee.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
(-,)

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
yeah, that's 100g of coffee powder, not before mixing it into liquid
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
ROFLYSST?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
So like, how much mg is in a cup of coffee with 2 maybe 3 teaspoons of coffee?
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by treborillusion

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by treborillusion

Depends if you pick out the granules with a lower or higher caffeine content.
Quote by treborillusion

I dunno, maybe 200mgs? 150mgs?

The big problem is it can vary by brand and type of coffee, how accurate your spoonfuls (spoons ful? ) are, etc.

Rough estimate is usually (I think) around 100mgs per cup. But there's a lot of leeway either way, unfortunately.

Unless you work it out (I actually have but I forget, plus I doubt my experiment was accurate And I also doubt it was Maxwell House) the best you're likely to come up with is a rough estimate. I looked up the Maxwell House site but it didn't seem to list the amount of caffeine in it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The REAL question is, why are you subjecting yourself to Maxwell House? Everyone deserves better
My God, it's full of stars!
well..first..there is no coffee in "instant" coffee .. try a double espresso..now THAT is cccoffeee..(5.5 on the richter scale !!!) you will shake a bit after ..
play well

wolf
Up to 400 milligrams (mg) of caffeine a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults. That's roughly the amount of caffeine in four cups of brewed coffee. 4 cups? Thats not even a pot
Last edited by geo-rage at Feb 19, 2017,
According to the USDA*, 1 rounded teaspoon of instant coffee (1.8 grams in weight) contains 57 mg of caffeine. No matter how much water, milk, or creamer you add to the coffee - the amount of caffeine will remain the same.

This information was unbelievably hard to find
5g=158mg?
Last edited by geo-rage at Feb 19, 2017,
Quote by geo-rage
According to the USDA*, 1 rounded teaspoon of instant coffee (1.8 grams in weight) contains 57 mg of caffeine. No matter how much water, milk, or creamer you add to the coffee - the amount of caffeine will remain the same.

5g=158mg?

There we go, so that mean 1g = 34mg caffeine.
I heard that 10mg of amphetamine energy part of the stuff is equal to 200mg of caffeine, just a completely random statement .
Quote by ballajoe010
There we go, so that mean 1g = 34mg caffeine.
I heard that 10mg of amphetamine energy part of the stuff is equal to 200mg of caffeine, just a completely random statement .
now how many grams of instant coffee does it take to kill a full sized human being if they ate it all at once?
Quote by geo-rage
now how many grams of instant coffee does it take to kill a full sized human being if they ate it all at once?
Well, coffee nerds would tell you any amount will kill your soul.
^ lol

that reminds me of that vid where a tv show tested some really expensive coffee versus regular coffee. everyone said the dearer one tasted more complex etc.

then they said it was the same coffee in each

Quote by geo-rage

5g=158mg?

yeah.

that's probably about right, though i'd also assume that's an average.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by wolflen
well..first..there is no coffee in "instant" coffee .. try a double espresso..now THAT is cccoffeee..(5.5 on the richter scale !!!) you will shake a bit after ..

Don't be a bitch, put two espresso shots in a cup of drip coffee.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Prototype4342
Don't be a bitch, put two espresso shots in a cup of drip coffee.

That could be around 300mg of caffeine
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ lol

that reminds me of that vid where a tv show tested some really expensive coffee versus regular coffee. everyone said the dearer one tasted more complex etc.

then they said it was the same coffee in each

rigged, they either lined up a bunch of spaz's for the taste test or deliberately made one like shit and got a good barista to do the other one - I'd argue the person making it is far more important than the bean, but combine both if you really want to win.

I hardly ever buy coffee though, and only bother at places that I know they know what they're doing. My last coffee came with a special card with tasting notes only $3 for a double espresso though, and one of the best I've had.
^ I doubt it was rigged- I don't think there was any need to (and IIRC it was the same coffee in all of the cups i.e. the same beans and made by the same people). We know that we can convince people that medicines which do have a physiological effect are doing nothing (or vice-versa)- there was a pretty nice experiment where people who were told a painkiller would increase their pain reported feeling just that, and people who were told they were getting a painkiller who were actually getting something which would make the pain worse reported feeling less pain. So I don't think there's any need to rig it, since that's what you would expect to happen.

That being said, I do agree that it's kind of an unfair test, since we already know that people are very capable of being fooled, and all that that test proves is that people are capable of being fooled, not that the dearer coffee is necessarily pointless. A double-blind test of both, where you weren't pulling a trick question, would be much better.

That being said, if it costs a lot more, you could also argue that the difference should be so great that it should still overcome that (and that's what the advertising usually claims).

LOL at the tasting notes thing. Talk about priming the audience...

I totally agree that the person making it is super-important. Not coffee, but I've given up buying hot chocolate after having to dump one too many for being ganking (including two on the one night... after having to dump one i went to a different place and bought it there... and then had to dump it too ). When you're charging £4 for a hot chocolate it would kind of need to be edible...

I mean you can make nicer hot chocolate yourself with a tub of hot chocolate powder and warming some milk on the hob.

Same thing with the coffee- I'm not saying good quality coffee made by someone competent isn't nicer than instant, but I'd rather have instant made by someone competent than "proper" coffee made by a dope.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is this some kinda math test?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^ more chemistry really

as i said, i remember doing this as an experiment
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
bout 3fitty
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank